The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 119 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

I could see the Dolphins taking that. I’ve said I want three 2nd round picks. That would make Friday night a lot of fun.
If getting 36 and 40 happened I tried to flip one of them for two 3rds and maybe a 5th.
Or a later 2nd, plus a 3rd. Something like that.

Last edited:
Mad props for doing that bro.

I can't even get past pick 5 lol.

I like it. Fuaga or Latham? Yeah, assuming we stay at 21. I like it.
I'm retired... lol... lots of spare time.

I spent a couple hours on that, going to the various team sites and trying to figure out what their journalists and fans thought.

It was a fun romp... completely meaningless, but fun nevertheless.

If getting 36 and 40 happened I tried to flip one of them for two 3rds and maybe a 5th.
Or a later 2nd, plus a 3rd. Something like that.

I hear ya, I’d use 55 to get that though.

Only thing that should move you off 36 or 40 is a 2025 first. Which I would gladly take, especially if it were from a bad team that’s looking to take a QB. Hard to imagine that’s possible as just about everyone who needs a QB will get a shot at one.

Giants could be a wildcard for a move like that.
Maybe even Seattle, whose second round pick (47) belongs to the Giants. They have a decent young roster and could add to it with the 16th pick, and take a chance on one of the Pacific Northwest QBs with an X in their last name.

Possibly even Atlanta could pull a move to grab a QB after securing a potential immediate impact player at 8, hedging their bet on Cousins and grooming a successor.

Last edited:
I think this draftPFN_Draft_result_1713580015409.png would give us a lot of bang for our buck and address a lot of needs.

JPJ - Immediate starter at C or OG.

Legette - Our offense will become a nightmare to deal with. Also with Hill and Waddle being injured frequently Legette gives us some insurance from having our offense drop off a cliff like it did at the end of last season.

Fiske - Replacement for Wilkins.

Johnson - We have to add more pass rushers.

Taylor - He won the Jim Thorpe award and we need better safety depth.

Thomas - This will probably be Kendall Lamm's last season so he could be our backup OT of the future and we always need depth on the OL.

Chad Reuter, from NFL.com, has an interesting 7 round mock.

He has us taking Olu Fashanu and Ja’tavion Sanders. Those would be two swings for the fences. Immediate Terron Armstead insurance and a suddenly loaded TE room would be a boon for the offense. You don’t get the immediate RG upgrade some of the other OL offer but you can groom TA’s replacement and I am sure Terron would help him out. Sanders gives you that size/speed athlete the offense lacks.

Passing on Latu though? Brutal.

Also, his third round is loaded with talent, man I wish we had a pick in the 70s.

He has Arizona getting Rome Odunze (trade down), Cooper DeJean, Jer’Zhan Newton, Cooper Beebe, Mike Santistil, Trey Benson and Jalyx Hunt in the first 3 rounds.
:ywz:

We need Both corners Arnold and Quinyon to go top 20

Or either going 21st, to a team trading up for or to the team that currently holds that pick.

KC doesn’t beat San Fran without those CBs they had. Glad they lost one. You can never have enough. And that’s coming from someone who has high hopes for Cam Smith still.

Last edited:
Genuinely don't remember a 1st rounder where we have so much uncertainty around who we like, which I like...

Round 1, Pick #21: Olumuyiwa Fashanu

“If there’s a run on quarterbacks and receivers with the first 20 selections, one of the top offensive tackles could still be available for Miami at No. 21. Fashanu is similar to Christian Darrisaw (No. 23 overall in 2021) and Andre Dillard (No. 22 in 2019) when they were entering the league in that he’s a bit raw in his technique and did not dominate in his final collegiate season as expected. Fashanu has the upside, though, to become an excellent starter.”

Round 2, Pick #55: Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE – Texas

Round 5, Pick #158: Gabe Hall, DT – Baylor

Round 6, Pick #184: Javon Solomon, EDGE – Troy

Round 6, Pick #198: Trevor Keegan, OG – Michigan

Round 7, Pick #198: Jarius Monroe, CB – Tulane

Chad Reuter, from NFL.com, has an interesting 7 round mock.

He has us taking Olu Fashanu and Ja’tavion Sanders. Those would be two swings for the fences. Immediate Terron Armstead insurance and a suddenly loaded TE room would be a boon for the offense. You don’t get the immediate RG upgrade some of the other OL offer but you can groom TA’s replacement and I am sure Terron would help him out. Sanders gives you that size/speed athlete the offense lacks.

Passing on Latu though? Brutal.

Also, his third round is loaded with talent, man I wish we had a pick in the 70s.

He has Arizona getting Rome Odunze (trade down), Cooper DeJean, Jer’Zhan Newton, Cooper Beebe, Mike Santistil, Trey Benson and Jalyx Hunt in the first 3 rounds.
:ywz:
Fashanu would be sick

But give me Sinnott or especially Legget over Sanders.. something about him just worries me..

Also Roman Wilson, Ricky Pearsall, some DTs, edge rusher, safety … so many better picks than sanders imo

……we need more mid rounders 😭

View attachment 169129
Haynes - Immediate starter at LG or RG.

Trice - Starter opposite Barrett to start the season.

Fiske - Replacement for Wilkins.

Sweat - Replacement NT for Davis.

Jones - DB depth.

McCaffrey - Competes for WR3.

Taylor - Safety depth.

Crum - OT depth.
I'd love that draft. 100%

Back
Top Bottom