The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 142 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Sounds great. I miss having my Dad and Brother around for draft weekend. Before the NFL went to a three day format, my dad and at times my brother would come over on Saturday, which use have the 1st three rounds.

Cherish those moments brother Ghost. I know I did.
Totally feel ya bro. I miss waking up Saturday and watching with my brother, cousins and friends all day. Idk how old you are but I feel so lucky I got to experience life without WiFi. Simpler times indeed. Happy I have my Finheaven friends to enjoy the draft with tho!

Am I the only one who is sick to the back teeth of “in the knows” predictions?
Pundits who categorically state team A is trading up or down, predicting all 9 rounds (ITS A JOKE) as if any predictions outside the the first round or even first half of the first round is any more than a guess.
Then there are the muppets ( no FH posters obviously) who lap it all up and post it on forums (not reputable ones like this), twatter, book face.
The sooner it’s over and we can all criticise every pick and demand Grier is sacked, he is solely responsible for drafting players, no one else has any input, the better. Roll on next Sunday

Totally feel ya bro. I miss waking up Saturday and watching with my brother, cousins and friends all day. Idk how old you are but I feel so lucky I got to experience life without WiFi. Simpler times indeed. Happy I have my Finheaven friends to enjoy the draft with tho!
I'm old enough to know what a house phone and no computer looks like. 😁😁😁

IMO whether somebody played LT in HS isn't all that relevant. I went back and forth with people b/c I was adamant that Eichenberg wouldn't play RT in the pros. I didn't care that people said he played in college and played well for that matter. And it wasn't about arm length either. Eich lacked independent hands. All he had was this two hand punch and a mirror move. I didn't see the feet to pull of the mirror move and long armed DEs would render that two hand punch ineffective. You need a certain level of athleticism to effectively punch with one arm and retain your balance and base. Despite how well he played at T in college he didn't have the athleticism to do the same in the pros.
He was a career LT at Notre Dame. I think when he was first drafted the intent was to use him at LT.
As for the LT/RT thing, some guys can just kick slide better in one direction as opposed to the other. I've heard Schlereth say it can be a very difficult move for many OTs. It is like learning to hold your fork in the left hand to eat, after holding it your whole life only in your right. If Mims did play LT in HS, it does bode well because his HS body of work had a lot to do with his being such a highly-ranked player in the college recruiting process.

I understand the BPA strategy but when you lose Chistian Wilkins, Robert Hunt and Connor Williams I think you have to replace some of the talent with hi end talent on the lines.
I've been thinking that is the Occam's Razor approach to the draft for a couple of months.

If you want to binge watch something over the next two days to help pass the time, Reacher......if you haven't seen it already. Awesome show.

With a 7 year old and 4 year old, most of what I watch is kids shows but occasionally I get to watch actual adult shows.

I also recently started watching Suits, its pretty good.

I've watched both seasons of Reacher; it is pretty frikkin good.

p.s. Its Terminal List that I am having a hard time with... I really enjoy the series of novels.

I think Barton but my bet is on Grier to do something outside the box, this is his time to stretch his wings
McDaniel appears to love speed, which makes me wonder if Wiggins is in play? Miami has two starting corners who are 30 years old. Cam Smith is unproven and Wiggins is the fastest player on defense.

Of course, Grier could take the fastest player in the entire draft with Worthy.

I understand the diferrence.

But wasn't he widely considered the top Tackle coming out of High School where he excelled at LT?

So it's not like he has no experience.

Why exactly would he not project well as a LT in the NFL.

Not being argumentative. I'm seriously trying to understand. I am not a college guy. I'm not a numbers guy who understands these projections etc.
The only negatives I've heard with Mims are the injuries and not keeping his feet moving through contact. I guess the fact that Kirby Smart had him at RT instead of LT could be discussed as well.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet Mims and Guyton could transition fairly seamlessly to LT. Keeping his feet moving also seems like a coachable correction.

McDaniel appears to love speed, which makes me wonder if Wiggins is in play? Miami has two starting corners who are 30 years old. Cam Smith is unproven and Wiggins is the fastest player on defense.

Of course, Grier could take the fastest player in the entire draft with Worthy.
I hope it's a big no on Wiggins, don't want him here

Back
Top Bottom