The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 213 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

The real question tho is, will be harder to spot because of talent level, or because of hopefully not lining up in neutral zone every down
Are you implying Tart often lines up in the neutral zone, or that Wilkins did when he was here?

Are you implying Tart often lines up in the neutral zone, or that Wilkins did when he was here?
Never even seen Tart play. For the most part I've been too busy to even watch the highlights of him posted. I liked CWilk, wish we slightly overpaid for him last year to keep him. But Wilks helmet seemed to be in the nuetral zeon almost every dang play. (I'm sure thats a slight overstatement, but a higher percentage than any other normal DL)

It looks like it was only called 7 times the last 2 years. How i dont know because he lives in the neutral zone. I know its not ALOT but he's handed the other team 4 first downs by lining up in the NZ.

Still liked the guy, wish we could've had the luxury to keep him, but was just waiting on the flag to be thrown all the time

Never even seen Tart play. For the most part I've been too busy to even watch the highlights of him posted. I liked CWilk, wish we slightly overpaid for him last year to keep him. But Wilks helmet seemed to be in the nuetral zeon almost every dang play. (I'm sure thats a slight overstatement, but a higher percentage than any other normal DL)

It looks like it was only called 7 times the last 2 years. How i dont know because he lives in the neutral zone. I know its not ALOT but he's handed the other team 4 first downs by lining up in the NZ.

Still liked the guy, wish we could've had the luxury to keep him, but was just waiting on the flag to be thrown all the time
Tart also lines up as close to the LOS as he can get away with. Since he is getting #94, if he plays the same spot on the line where Wilkins did it may look a lot the same.

what does the guy do? Specialize in?

From reading on a few of his pages i found on the internet. Looks like maybe a nerd type. New school analytics type stuff.

worked on opponent breakdowns, scouting reports and all football technology
worked on 3d simulation training, tackling analytics and process efficiency
earned a bachelor’s degree in education with a major in mathematics from the University of Michigan
employed as a mathematics teacher at Westfield HS, and previously taught math at Washington-Lee High
(he was coaching elite style HS defenses while HS math teacher at least)
technical advisor and beta tester for HUDL
he worked on opponent breakdowns, scouting reports and leading edge football technology.

and sheesh, i opened like 7 webpages on this dude. Sun Sent, oh Chris Perk is just pretty much typing word for word (rearranging 1-2 words here and there so its his on) what Wisconsins page says about him.

So I'm guessing just a big brain to add to the room. In HS and D3 looks like he had alot of success running D's. In college has worked with QB, TE, WR.

Entry-level foot in the door, Can help McD with some of the organizing. If O looks great again this year and we lose a coach or two, then this guy is in position to slide up as a possible position coach.

......That or we are trading up for Drake Maye since this guy worked with him.....I kid I kid

From reading on a few of his pages i found on the internet. Looks like maybe a nerd type. New school analytics type stuff.

worked on opponent breakdowns, scouting reports and all football technology
worked on 3d simulation training, tackling analytics and process efficiency
earned a bachelor’s degree in education with a major in mathematics from the University of Michigan
employed as a mathematics teacher at Westfield HS, and previously taught math at Washington-Lee High
(he was coaching elite style HS defenses while HS math teacher at least)
technical advisor and beta tester for HUDL
he worked on opponent breakdowns, scouting reports and leading edge football technology.

and sheesh, i opened like 7 webpages on this dude. Sun Sent, oh Chris Perk is just pretty much typing word for word (rearranging 1-2 words here and there so its his on) what Wisconsins page says about him.

So I'm guessing just a big brain to add to the room. In HS and D3 looks like he had alot of success running D's. In college has worked with QB, TE, WR.

Entry-level foot in the door, Can help McD with some of the organizing. If O looks great again this year and we lose a coach or two, then this guy is in position to slide up as a possible position coach.

......That or we are trading up for Drake Maye since this guy worked with him.....I kid I kid
Thanks for the info.

Only thing I would question is him being a position coach.

Appears to me to be more the type who would be used to analyze tendencies, both opponents and our own.

Thanks for the info.

Only thing I would question is him being a position coach.

Appears to me to be more the type who would be used to analyze tendencies, both opponents and our own.

I guess i should say maybe foot in the door analyst then assistant position coach. (IIRC, my memory is the second shortest thing on me) I read on one of the pages, after a Wisc coach left before bowl game he took over and was in charge of WR's for the bowl game. Plus said he worked with Drake Maye a bit and TE's. So assume Frank Smith gets another look next season, then it might look something like Bevell moving to OC, Henley (asst QB coach) losing the asst title, and Everett moving up to asst QB coach.

Unless McD sees something super special then i wouldnt expect him to go to the main positional coach after 1 year in the pros as analyst, and only an analyst at the college ranks. There is no limits on how many offensive assts, so hell let him hang around if he's useful enough. Maybe a position will "pick him". Who knows he might've even taken a pay cut to come here just to get his foot in the door

Back
Top Bottom