The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 214 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

Josh Allen

JAXLinebacker#41

Jaguars signed DE Josh Allen to a five-year contract extension worth up to $150 million.

Jacksonville had used the franchise tag on Allen before the start of free agency while the two sides hammered out a long-term deal. Allen’s extension will reportedly include $88 million in guarantees — an enormous payday for the standout pass rusher. Pro Football Focus in 2023 graded Allen as the league’s 11th best EDGE. He was fourth in quarterback hits and eighth in QB pressures last season. Allen notched a career high 17.5 sacks in 2023. He’ll continue to anchor the Jacksonville defensive line for years to come.

I really like the idea of Lawson. He is a good player, still in his prime, who never really fell short on the field. The Jets just had an embarrassment of riches in their defensive front seven.

Would be a perfect fourth edge behind Phillips, Chubb, and Barrett. Signing him would also probably take edge off our board in the first two rounds.

ooooo would be very interested. I remember he was an ascending player with the Bengals, but sucks he went to the Jets and then fell apart.. wasnt sad that happened then. Would be an interesting reclamation project
I recall many Dolphins fans were hoping we'd sign Lawson away from Cincy and when the Jets got him there was a feeling of dread. He'd seemed to be really on the come with Cincy but I guess we should not be surprised the Jets curse got to him. Got hurt before he could play a game in 2021. In 2020 he had 64 total QB pressures in 437 pass rush snaps, or once every 6.8 snaps he had a sack, a hit, or a hurry.
I'd be stoked if we signed him.

Interesting possibility with Lawson and will likely be a low cost risk. I like it....

Josh Allen

JAXLinebacker#41

Jaguars signed DE Josh Allen to a five-year contract extension worth up to $150 million.

Jacksonville had used the franchise tag on Allen before the start of free agency while the two sides hammered out a long-term deal. Allen’s extension will reportedly include $88 million in guarantees — an enormous payday for the standout pass rusher. Pro Football Focus in 2023 graded Allen as the league’s 11th best EDGE. He was fourth in quarterback hits and eighth in QB pressures last season. Allen notched a career high 17.5 sacks in 2023. He’ll continue to anchor the Jacksonville defensive line for years to come.
That Brian Burns trade/contract looking worse by the minute. Basically the same amount as Josh Allen got.

Back
Top Bottom