Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see this but it bothers me that QBs that have done nothing get huge contracts inline with Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow. I'm not singling out Tua. Both Hurts and Herbert were grossly overpaid as were Carr and Cousins. Something needs to happen to rein this nonsense back in. I am not anti-Tua, in fact the opposite. But lets be honest, Tua has earned a $35 million per year contract, not $50+ mill.

I'm glad to see this but it bothers me that QBs that have done nothing get huge contracts inline with Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow. I'm not singling out Tua. Both Hurts and Herbert were grossly overpaid as were Carr and Cousins. Something needs to happen to rein this nonsense back in. I am not anti-Tua, in fact the opposite. But lets be honest, Tua has earned a $35 million per year contract, not $50+ mill.
Tua led the NFL in passing yards this year and in YPA last year. He also led the league Pro Bowl voting for the last two years, so he is a fan favorite as well. He puts asses in the seats and eyes on the screen, which some may argue is more important than stats. Either way, he deserves market value

Definitely good news IMHO. He just looks SO much quicker and more nimble in that Arizona clip, and even earlier this year, then he did towards the end of the season.

He’s way more dangerous if he can escape the pocket and extend plays, run the odd bootleg, etc.

Tua led the NFL in passing yards this year and in YPA last year. He also led the league Pro Bowl voting for the last two years, so he is a fan favorite as well. He puts asses in the seats and eyes on the screen, which some may argue is more important than stats. Either way, he deserves market value
Numbers are great but they dont win play-off games. Last years collapse was a heart-ripping experience. Play-off wins should = money, nothing else. Dont care one lick about the regular season. I'd rather be 8-9 and go to the Super bowl than be 14-3 and exit the play-offs without a win.

My first thought here was that this was really positive.

My second thought was that @djphinfan is going to be so excited to see this.....
It’s mid march already and haven’t seen anything so we’ll see.

The writer states the obvious from his trainer that he needs to lose weight, and that the team asked him to gain weight last off-season.

Where I have been pissed is even though the team asked him to gain some weight last off-season before the season started, I know he took that waaaaay to literal as the season progressed.

That’s what really bothers me. So he better get his fat ass losing weight and training hard and like yesterday not 2 months after the season ended

Numbers are great but they dont win play-off games. Last years collapse was a heart-ripping experience. Play-off wins should = money, nothing else. Dont care one lick about the regular season. I'd rather be 8-9 and go to the Super bowl than be 14-3 and exit the play-offs without a win .
The whole team collapsed not just Tua . Like someone said in another post he`s one of the only QB`s out there that can get the ball out accurately in 2.23 seconds or whatever it is . Because of this he makes the line look better then what it actually is . So why should Tua get less money for guy`s getting injured and the front office not being able to do their jobs ? Fix the damn o-line and the sky`s the limit with Tua as QB .

Back
Top Bottom