Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer

You seem to be really focusing on the drops, so here is how Miami fared against other teams across the league. It's very interesting I see quite a few playoff teams on that list!

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl...rick-mahomes-offense/c3e1b49eda06be12f2da28d5 and yes I am aware Tyreek ranks #2 on the list when it comes to receivers.

I focus on the big picture and you just flat-out said Tua's mistakes came after his receivers let him down. That is a new one. All you did was reinforce that everything around him needs to be perfect, once things get sloppy or the play goes off script he doesn't hold up well and this is the heart of the issue. Tyreek is going to drop balls again, all his receivers will drop balls, it's inevitable. I don't understand how drops are related to his play. I am big on accountability so here's an example It's like driving in the rain - no matter how good of a driver you are, you can't do anything about the rain, but you can still be in control of how you react and handle the situation. He's gotta rise up when things don't go according to plan.

Ladies and gentlemen. A new standard for QBS has officially been enacted.

If a QB needs his WR to catch the ball, that shows he can't do it on his own and needs everything to be perfect.

Congratulations, you just made Justin fields the top QB in the league.

Its not irrelevant. That is just now how normal life works.

Ok, I work as a Bricklayer Foreman; my crew produces 2/3rds of Bob's crew but because my contract is up, I deserve to paid more than Bob who singed a contract 2 years ago? Bob outperforms me in every single way known to man but because Bob is make $115k a year, I deserve $125k a year because Bob made $115k 2 years ago?

That is not reality dude, period. Mahomes reset the QB market because he went to the AFC championship and followed that with a SB. They saw future value. Where is Tua's future value? In Tarot cards?
Tua and Herbert have literally done nothing worth resetting the market for. We are about to ridiculously overpay for a slim possibility and that worries the hell out of me. You on the other hand have your stamp of approval out and ready to sell our teams future on a dream, not reality. In reality Tua is worth 35 million at best.

I wish salary inflation worked like this for us common folk cause we havent seen a real salary increase in 15 years. But in the world of NFL celebrities the price goes up daily. Excuse me if Im not crying a river for Tua making a measly 35 million.
Comparing your job to that of an NFL QB is ridiculous. Like it or not, that is reality for NFL QB contracts. The league revenue increases and contracts increase with it. Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean it’s not reality.

I don't really want see Tua running out pocket. That not his games. He beef up and survive season. I think he need stick to that.

Comparing your job to that of an NFL QB is ridiculous. Like it or not, that is reality for NFL QB contracts. The league revenue increases and contracts increase with it. Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean it’s not reality.
And that's the real problem isn't it? I served 12 years in the Marines with 2 tours in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan and he is MY better?
You proved my point how insane all this is.
I don't see y'all fighting for my pay raise.

And that's the real problem isn't it? I served 12 years in the Marines with 2 tours in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan and he is MY better?
If you see someone as being better because they earn more money, then sure. The NFL generates billions in revenue, so the players earn millions. If you were the foreman for a company that generated billions, then you’d be paid accordingly.

I have think your quarrel is more-so with Lockhead Martin and the likes, and the U.S. government.

I say this as a former member of the Canadian Armed Forces.

Last edited:
Almost April 1st, what’s the bet this incredible workout regime designed by the famous Nick hicks had already begun.

Cause if it hasn’t, and we find out word that all he’s done so far this off-season is play golf, I’m done with the guy. Hope it doesn’t come to that

Almost April 1st, what’s the bet this incredible workout regime designed by the famous Nick hicks had already begun.

Cause if it hasn’t, and we find out word that all he’s done so far this off-season is play golf, I’m done with the guy. Hope it doesn’t come to that

Playing a few rounds of golf a week doesn't mean you are not spending the other time doing what you want him to do

We wanted him healthy and to play in every game and he did that

Now we want him to slim down and be more mobile. We'll see when the games come around

Playing a few rounds of golf a week doesn't mean you are not spending the other time doing what you want him to do

We wanted him healthy and to play in every game and he did that

Now we want him to slim down and be more mobile. We'll see when the games come around
yes I realize you can play golf and train to be a pro athlete.. that’s about an 8 hour day so I hope he’s doing it.

Problem is I haven’t seen or heard one iota of info that he has started and there usually is.

For example, every year reason a dolphin YouTube guy has Hickson once a year to discuss what’s going on with his training.

That has not happened yet

I’ll admit it I’m suspect of the guys routines since college

Last edited:
I'm sure we already agreed what's done is done. I only focus on what he can control! In case someone drops a pass, it's not his fault and you can make an argument if the game ended with 1 score. Philly game is frustrating because of the refs one-sided, I rarely make excuses but it has to be acknowledged.

I specifically mentioned one-score games. When the game is coming down to the wire, thinking about what could have been doesn't change the outcome. When you talk about the KC game, did he not miss Cedric Wilson on a wide-open TD pass on the last drive against the Kansas City Chiefs by underthrowing him, and did he not fumble the ball on the last play against the Chiefs? You pointed out the drops in other games but left out the things he did to hurt the team or contribute to the loss.

The defense caused 3 turnovers against Buffalo to help the offense. The only thing that punt return TD did was tie the game up 14-14. Tua had 2 chances to score afterward. When it counted the most, Josh Allen's legs picked up 2 first downs, and the defense saved the day on the third fourth and inches.

Every QB goes through adversity and Tua, just has to do a better job at pushing himself through those times, it only reinforces the narrative that EVERYTHING around him needs to be perfect for him to succeed and until he proves he can get it done will never get the benefit of the doubt.
Seem to remember Wilson ran the wrong route , not 100 % on this might have been someone else .

You do realize that that contract will pay Tua more than Mahomes whom has 3 super bowls? "A little more"?
Prices for Qb`s have gone up Mahomes got paid in 2020 and signed it for 10 years . Herbert`s making more a year then Mahomes and Tua definately is worth what Herbert is getting .

Tua had a decent year last year throwing for 29 touchdown passes and 14 interceptions. He had over 4600 yards. I think the O line struggled the last couple games of the season which hurt the Dolphins. I think he will have a better season next year.

Back
Top Bottom