Your favorite all time Dolphin wins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your favorite all time Dolphin wins

This past season. Was prob cowboys game clinching playoffs and playing during the evening with our classic uniforms

I been a fan since 1984. So biggest win was 84 champ against Steelers but I was only in second grade.

All time. Maybe 2016 in overtime against bills to get in playoffs.

Good question. This is tough

I will say they have to have meaning. Like I loved the Miami miracle but we didn’t make playoffs. So the win must be in a playoff year.

85 against bears was special. But again only in third grade and parents made me go to bed at half time

But as adult I have to go with
Beating jets last year to clinch playoffs with Skylar. Terrible game . I think we won 11-6.
But it ended our drought to make playoffs.
Also I just lost my dog 3 weeks earlier to cancer. It really helped give me some distraction and happiness during a rough time.

Good question though.

2002 home game against the Jets. Ending the 8 game losing streak against New York and also my first game in Miami.

Bye bye Ricky, bye bye streak.

“The catch”. Orande Gadsden doing what only he could do. Hard to imagine anyone else on the planet could make that catch.

Honorable mentions:

2008 The wildcat offense busted out against New England.

2005 home game against Buffalo, down 21-0 in the first, near walk off win with Chris Chambers 15 receptions and 4th down TD with 15 seconds left. An amazing comeback. My second ever home game. What luck and I sat next to JP Losmans parents for that one.

2022 comeback against the Ravens. Tua with 6 TDs.

2023 70-20 pasting of Denver.

2018 Miracle in Miami.

2007 OT win against Baltimore to avoid 0-16. This one actually might be (sadly) the most important. I remember praying to god before OT.

Last edited:
I started watching the Dolphins in 1984 so I will go in chronological order.

Dolphins 28 Cowboys 21 - First Dolphins game I attended was the 1984 week 16 finale on MNF in the OB. It was rocking by the way.

Dolphins 45 Steelers 28 - 1984 AFC Championship,

Dolphins 38 Bears 24 - 1985 week 13 MNF.

Dolphins 45 Jets 3 - 1986 MNF. We ended a long Jets win streak.

Dolphins 30 Bills 7 - 1990 week 2. I attended this game on my 18th birthday.

Dolphins 17 Chiefs 16 1990 Wildcard Round Playoffs. We trailed 16-3 in the 4th quarter. Chiefs missed FG on last play.

Dolphins 37 Bills 10 - 1992 week 5. We crushed the Bills in Buffalo.

Dolphins 31 Chargers 0 - 1992 Divisional Round Playoffs.

Dolphins 27 Chiefs 17 - 1994 Wildcard Round Playoffs. Joe Montana's final game.

Dolphins 24 Bills 17 - 1998 Wildcard Round Playoffs. Armstrong sacked Flutie near our goal line to end the game.

Dolphins 23 Colts 17 OT - 2000 Wildcard Round Playoffs. Lamar Smith wins game with TD run to go over 200 yards.

Dolphins 24 Patriots 23 - 2004 MNF Dolphins erase a 13 point 4th quarter deficit. Jay Feeley stuns Brady.

Dolphins 22 Ravens 16 - 2007 Lemon to Camarillo in OT saves the Dolphins from 0-16.

Dolphins 38 Patriots 13 - 2008 Wildcat game.

Dolphins 24 Jets 17 - 2008 season finale Dolphins win AFC East go from 1-15 to 11-5.

Dolphins 31 Jets 27 - 2009 MNF Chad Ricky and Ronnie shred Rex Ryans vaunted defense.

Dolphins 34 Bills 31 OT - 2016 Dolphins clinch a playoff spot when the Chiefs beat the Broncos the next night.

Dolphins 34 Patriots 33 - 2018 Miami Miracle.

Dolphins 42 Ravens 38 - 2022 Dolphins erase a 35-14 deficit.

Dolphins 21 Bills 19 - 2022 time runs out on the Bills.

Dolphins 36 Chargers 34 - 2023

Dolphins 22 Cowboys 20 - 2023

The two Super Bowl wins, obviously

But I'll pinpoint two other landmark games from the same time frame. The 1971 Christmas Day (and night) playoff victory at Kansas City remains the most joyous, festive win in franchise history, and that would be true if played on a different date. It was like the entire city spilled onto the streets, honking horns and waving hankies. The first playoff victory in Dolphins history, after being on the brink of defeat so many times, and more than anything a feeling that we were a legitimate championship contender.

I'll go back a year earlier to the 34-17 midseason home victory over the Colts. Consider the situational influence. Not only had the Colts thumped us 35-0 on the road a few weeks earlier, they were from the big boy NFL. Nobody was assuming parity in those days. The NFL imports were rightfully considered bigger and stronger than AFL holdovers. The Dolphins had started the season well then been embarrassed by 3 consecutive losses to old time NFL teams, the first two via shutout rout.

A home game versus Baltimore was the last meaningful chance to erase that stigma and inferiority complex. Nobody much cared that we had defeated the pathetic Saints a week earlier. And obviously there was the Shula situation. He didn't want to start 0-2 against his former team.

I wasn't surprised when I looked at the attendance figures and it was not a full house. As indicated, we had been beaten down. Miami sports fans have a long history of demoralized and fickle. Everybody turned out for the Browns game a month earlier. That was easily the "worst" seats we ever had in the Orange Bowl, so high in the upper west end zone I can still envision the little players so far away, like they were on my magnetic board game. A 0-28 game sent everybody home very early, amidst gulp concern it had been an early season mirage.

The 67,000 in attendance versus Baltimore were treated to a coming out party. That's what it felt like. High energy hankies and jubilation throughout, sparked by Jake Scott's circling punt return touchdown early in the game.

BTW, I apologize for often specifying 80 yards on that return. It has always been my memory. I looked it up tonight and was quite shocked at the true distance of 77 yards.

Back
Top Bottom