2023 Draft Day 1 Thread | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Draft Day 1 Thread

I thought Tyree Wilson would drop more than he did. I don't know how you take an edge guy based on subjectivity anymore, given all the examples. Even without following personnel anymore I knew darn well that Wilson would be atop the SackSEER bust list.

It would be one thing if he did the drills. But guys like that are now sharp enough not to be exposed by the drills. Tyree Wilson is not an edge rusher. He has a slow getaway and similarly has far too many Chase Young tendencies but without the wiry toughness against the run. Chase Young in college couldn't get around the edge. He terrorized via bull rush then instinctively caved inside as the quarterback was stuck. That's wonderful other than that scenario unfolds only a fraction as frequently in the NFL as in college. Consequently Chase Young is stood up and stymied with no burst to rely on. Wilson looks like he'll face much of the same, other than the occasional NFL game when he'll face a Big 12 caliber tackle.

I have no idea how you take Tyree Wilson above the Georgia kid who can turn the corner.

Otherwise, the Georgia tackle looks very good other than he needs higher hand position. He'll be too narrow against elite rushers unless he raises his default hand position.

The Ohio State receiver properly went far above the USC receiver, who is a nice player but I was flabbergasted he was atop some receiver lists. Frail types aren't ready for the 15 round heavyweight fights that currently define receiver/cornerback realities in an NFL secondary. Short is fine as long as it's wiry tough pinball short.

I have a $10 bet with a poster that he doesn't make it to #51.

What would be heartbreaking is that he makes it to #51 and we don't draft him.

Typical Miami type of move, btw!

Did you ever pay that bet?

Lol, I lost track of the date, read the first post and groaned. Between drinking this weekend, last night for the NCAA final, now for the Bayern Arsenal champions League I thought I may qualify as being on official bender if I had to go out for the draft tomorrow night.

My liver needs a break. *Sips beer*

Houston has got to be the dumbest team in the NFL. You draft a franchise QB with no receivers to throw to, and then you trade a pick that you could have gotten his college team mate in Smith, who is a freak WR. They also will be in position to get Harrison next year. So dumb.

hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom