2023 Draft Day 1 Thread | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Draft Day 1 Thread

If Mayer is there or we can trade up to get him, we'd be foolish to pass.
I wouldn’t trade up for him or anyone for that matter. Miami doesn’t have the draft capital to be moving up. Anyway, I like two other TEs better than Mayer. I like LaPorta and Kraft more.

Yes, there was. ESPN is stupid.
Depends on how you look at. If you're #21 at the DMV and you're not their or lose you spot for whatever reason #22 is still #22 and #23 is still #23. They don't revert to being #21 and #22 because the original # 21 was a no show.

Now it's completely different if you're asking who was the 21st player taken vs who was selected with pick #21.

I wouldn’t trade up for him or anyone for that matter. Miami doesn’t have the draft capital to be moving up. Anyway, I like two other TEs better than Mayer. I like LaPorta and Kraft more.
I respect your opinion on that but I think Mayer has a skillset unlike any other tight end in the draft. Great blocker, great hands, size. His only knock is he's not as fast as other te's in the draft. He's without a doubt the most complete TE. Will be a difference maker for our offense.

I respect your opinion on that but I think Mayer has a skillset unlike any other tight end in the draft. Great blocker, great hands, size. His only knock is he's not as fast as other te's in the draft. He's without a doubt the most complete TE. Will be a difference maker for our offense.

Here, here.

Dismissing his production is irresponsible. Dude didn’t miss a beat after his starting QB got hurt early in the season.

I remember 2 super athletic TEs in Hayden Hurst and Mike Gesicki going over the Mackey Award winner in 2018.

I’ll take a Mark Andrews caliber player all day, who i wanted in 2018 along with Goedert.

I want sure hands, I want a red zone threat, I want fighting for extra yardage, tough at the POA, great blocking, a safety valve for my QB who struggled with short passes last year.

Sign me up for all of that.

But, but what about YAC? What about his 40 (that was near identical to the greatest TE of all time).

We already got the YAC on lock, now we need the BEAST at LOS.

I like a few TEs here, I’ve loved one of them for the last 2 seasons. Can’t ignore the fit.

That said, Mayer won’t last 20 more picks.

Here, here.

Dismissing his production is irresponsible. Dude didn’t miss a beat after his starting QB got hurt early in the season.

I remember 2 super athletic TEs in Hayden Hurst and Mike Gesicki going over the Mackey Award winner in 2018.

I’ll take a Mark Andrews caliber player all day, who i wanted in 2018 along with Goedert.

I want sure hands, I want a red zone threat, I want fighting for extra yardage, tough at the POA, great blocking, a safety valve for my QB who struggled with short passes last year.

Sign me up for all of that.

But, but what about YAC? What about his 40 (that was near identical to the greatest TE of all time).

We already got the YAC on lock, now we need the BEAST at LOS.

I like a few TEs here, I’ve loved one of them for the last 2 seasons. Can’t ignore the fit.

That said, Mayer won’t last 20 more picks.
I agree, we would have to trade up to get him. However, I implore you to watch this film and tell me he isn't a YAC guy. This guy is special.

I agree, we would have to trade up to get him. However, I implore you to watch this film and tell me he isn't a YAC guy. This guy is special.

Oh I’m not saying he’s not. He’s been my No.1 target in this draft since last years draft concluded.

It’s the lazy analysis I’m mocking of the fans who say “he lacks explosion” as their reason for not wanting him.

There are people on here who know only one thing about him, his 4.7 40. And they have the nerve to post their lazy opinions here when they know damn well they’ve never watched him play.

Oh I’m not saying he’s not. He’s been my No.1 target in this draft since last years draft concluded.

It’s the lazy analysis I’m mocking of the fans who say “he lacks explosion” as their reason for not wanting him.

There are people on here who know only one thing about him, his 4.7 40. And they have the nerve to post their lazy opinions here when they know damn well they’ve never watched him play.
I agree. I admit I'm biased because I've seen every game he's played. I'll take what I see on film over combine numbers. The Colts will get burned by the eye test. I like Kincaid a lot as well but Mayer is special. We should hope we get him!

I agree. I admit I'm biased because I've seen every game he's played. I'll take what I see on film over combine numbers. The Colts will get burned by the eye test. I like Kincaid a lot as well but Mayer is special. We should hope we get him!

That’s not bias my friend, your just trusting your eyes.

I've been wrong plenty on ND guys (Brady Quinn is my biggest epic fail, haha) but I feel like Mayer has the "it" factor.

He’s the complete package.

He’d make defending our offense impossible.

Our biggest struggles on offense we’re all in the intermediate and short yardage area.

Back
Top Bottom