A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

It’s best to try to do it early because salaries are insane and it doesn’t look like it’s gonna settle down next year. I think. Wilkins made six or seven more than what we gradually offered so his gamble paid off.
This is likely true...

I don't like it, but as a competitive team, I dont think we can afford to trade him.

It sucks that we've hit on players from the lesser positions.

How so? You don't reshuffle an existing player's contract unless the team needs that cap space for a move.
Tua needs an extension prior to June 1st. After June 1st you use that money to sign the draft class and/or care it for a free agent if needed for injury or a playoff run.

Same blueprint as Grier has used all along. I wouldn't be surprised if Grier signs a WR however but I doubt it's a big contract guy, maybe Thomas.

Tua needs an extension prior to June 1st. After June 1st you use that money to sign the draft class and/or care it for a free agent if needed for injury or a playoff run.

Same blueprint as Grier has used all along. I wouldn't be surprised if Grier signs a WR however but I doubt it's a big contract guy, maybe Thomas.
Tua's extension would create more cap room not require it.

Tua's extension would create more cap room not require it.
That is your assumption. If you want to clear room next year to add some complimentary pieces you could give him more this season and lower his cap hit in year's two and/or three. It is all in how you want to structure the contract, until it is finalized no one knows.

I have a feeling a Tyreek restructuring is next. Then Tua’s contract. But isn’t all just kicking the big money down the road.

I doubt it, all these off field issues have made the FO nervous, I don't think they want to tie themselves to more years of an aging media headache.

Aiyuk is on the trade block

John Cena Reaction GIF by WWE
Miami was targeting Aiyuk with their last 1st round pick in 2020. SF traded ahead of them to take him, and then Miami traded down with GB and took Iggy.

Miami was targeting Aiyuk with their last 1st round pick in 2020. SF traded ahead of them to take him, and then Miami traded down with GB and took Iggy.
he is v good, but, big but, if they pay out the ass for a receiver of that caliber they sure af better use him right

That is your assumption. If you want to clear room next year to add some complimentary pieces you could give him more this season and lower his cap hit in year's two and/or three. It is all in how you want to structure the contract, until it is finalized no one knows.
I like my assumption better than yours (also an assumption), lol.

I don't want to sign another big name WR. I think you can grab on in the draft and make them work in today's NFL. Right now as it stands, Miami will have three 3rds in 2025.
Our window is tight though with Hill able to play at this monster level. I would bring in any pony I can this year to maximize our chances. If I can get Debo or Aiyuk, toss me a pen.

Back
Top Bottom