A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

he is v good, but, big but, if they pay out the ass for a receiver of that caliber they sure af better use him right

I'll be surprised is Aiyuk would want to come to Miami and be #3 WR. Don't think he will? Hx suggests otherwise.

I'll be surprised is Aiyuk would want to come to Miami and be #3 WR. Don't think he will? Hx suggests otherwise.

I'd be shocked. It makes ZERO sense for anybody. Honestly, its kind of dumb to even think about it.

Having a 3rd WR of that caliber is almost pointless. It would be a massive waste of resources.

We need a guy who's willing to block on most plays and is there to pick up the crumbs from Hill and Waddle, ala....Josh Reynolds.

I think Aiyuk is a fantastic WR, which is exactly why I don't want him. I don't think there is any chance we take a WR in the first round and I think there is even less of a chance we trade for Aiyuk.

We lost the bidding war with the jets for Williams and now we have some room to wiggle.

Barry seems to be hinting at us chasing big name WR free agents, but there really aren’t any big name WR free agents.

The only guys that really move the needle are Mike Williams and Michael Thomas, and I can’t see us paying Mike Williams.

Michael Thomas would make a lot of sense for both sides but how much could he cost? He’s barely played in three years.
Signing a WR like Michael Thomas, OBJ, or Boyd could potentially help us no doubt. There is a risk if we went that route. It is a low risk since they’ll likely come on a cheap short term deal but the risk is still there.

I don’t think Miami wants to bank on a low risk FA to solve our WR3 problem tho. Miami clearing up more cap space makes me believe they’d prefer to make a more splashy move to upgrade WR3.

If Miami is trying to make a splash to upgrade WR3, that doesn’t mean they’ll do it still. Clearing up cap space just allows Miami to be more flexible with their options when it comes to the rest of this offseason.

More money allows us to look around at trade possibilities for a legit WR3 now…
More money also allows us to target a WR3 in the 1st round of the draft too since we can use our available cap space to upgrade other positions of need in free agency or through trades…

More money just gives us more options now. It doesn’t mean Miami has to use that money to add a couple more nice free agents or a big name player through a trade tho.
If they feel like the contract demands for some specific free agents are too much or the asking price for a trade target is too much then they could just use the available cap space to extend some of our own players.

I believe Grier will be patient when it comes to using our available cap space but I can assure you guys that he does plan on using majority of it at some point this offseason. Being patient is the way to go and being patient allows to have flexibility throughout this offseason!

Really didn't need to clear space to extend Tua.
Freeing up money just gives us flexibility now. We can try and pursue players via trade or use it on a couple more free agents.

If the price is too high when it comes to adding pieces then we can just use the money to front load Tua’s contract.

We’re gonna extend Tua at some point this offseason but we don’t have to rush it now. If we still have all this cap when camp starts then front load his deal so we can save some money down the road

Back
Top Bottom