Dave Hyde On The Implosion Of The AFC East And What It Means For The Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave Hyde On The Implosion Of The AFC East And What It Means For The Dolphins

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
First link is the Hyde article, where he is pretty optimistic about Miami's chances of winning the division, primarily based on the competition getting worse or not improving. I agree on the Patriots (schadenfreude remains one of my favorite concepts), I would not write off the Jets there is a chance they could be pretty darn good, and I am uncertain on Buffalo as they still have Josh Allen and sometimes getting rid of a guy can be addition by subtraction. Having said all of that, I still like our chances. 2nd link, Vegas still has Buffalo very slightly favored over Miami to win the AFC East. Jets in shouting distance, and the Rats nowhere to be found.

Last edited:
The "loss" of Diggs is being overrated.

He was bad the last 9-10 games of last year and The Bills were better than when he was putting up numbers early.

We have to hope The Pat's f-up their QB search and The Jets are a 50/50 coin toss. They have a pretty solid roster but everything depends on Narcissus The QB and he was fading BEFORE he tore his achilles and Saleh looks to be quite capable of running the ship on to the rocks..

Last edited:

He was bad the last 9-10 games of last year and The Bills were better than when he was putting up numbers early.

We have to hope The Pat's f-up their QB search and The Jets are a 50/50 coin toss. They have a pretty solid roster but everything depends on Narcissus The QB and he was fading BEFORE he tore his achilles.
It’s not just the loss of Diggs it’s they have no WRs as well

Unfortunately I dont think the Bills will really miss Diggs that much.

After they changed OC's and were 5-5 they went 6-1, 7-2 if you include the playoffs, they even should have won the 2 games they lost, the OT shootout against the Eagles and the playoff game to the Chiefs.

They phased Diggs out of their offense and became more of a running team. He really didnt produce much at all during their stretch run.

They have Kincaid who has emerged as one of the best pass catching TE's in the NFL, a talented RB in Cook and they still have the best QB in the division. I am sure they will draft a WR early, hopefully not the one everybody has been talking about today, Brian Thomas, they would have to trade up for him. Then they will also probably pick another WR in Free Agency, maybe a DJ Chark or Tyler Boyd, Shakir was already emerging as a good WR late in the season for them and they picked up Curtis Samuel in Free Agency, so with a couple additions in the draft and Free Agency their WR corps could look very good unfortunately.

It's an opportunity for Miami.

I think the Jets will be better, but they are counting on a lot of vets to rebound including Rodgers. That's usually doesn't work out well.

New England has a chance to add a really good quarterback. That can start to change things for them in a positive way. Who knows about their new coach, but odds are he won't be as good as Bellichick. At least for 2024, have to think the Patriots will struggle.

I thought the Bills had peaked two years ago, after Miami nearly beat them with Skylar Thompson at quarterback and then the Bills were pounded by Cincinnati the following week. But Buffalo is still the team to beat.

Will be interesting to see what the draft brings and if the Dolphins have bridged the small gap when the season begins.

Last edited:
Underestimated, overestimated, I have no idea. All I know is he cooked our coverage. Gabe Davis also made us look lame, and they're both gone.

Even if they nail the draft and FA pick-up, they're bound to dip a little bit there...is it enough? We'll see.

They seemed to have lost a lot on defense too, maybe more than offense, so hopefully that leans our way.

Last edited:

We have to hope The Pat's f-up their QB search and The Jets are a 50/50 coin toss. They have a pretty solid roster but everything depends on Narcissus The QB and he was fading BEFORE he tore his achilles and Saleh looks to be quite capable of running the ship on to the rocks..
Have you seen Josh Allen's production in the last half of the season? The defense saved their ass... Acting like Diggs isn't a loss is delusional...

In the last 8 games, Allen had a rating over 90 3 times and a rating under 70 3 times... And they lost 2 games in that stretch...

I like Dave Hyde way more than most on here. Let’s revisit this article after draft.

The Dolphins with a deep passing game, below average OL, and bad defense don’t scare anybody in Dec/Jan playoff football. I’m sorry but it’s true.

Edit - Dolphins were 25th in pts allowed in 2022 and 22nd in 2023. If you think they got better by bargain shopping against the cap in 2024, then you’re drinking the kool aid.

Unfortunately I dont think the Bills will really miss Diggs that much.

After they changed OC's and were 5-5 they went 6-1, 7-2 if you include the playoffs, they even should have won the 2 games they lost, the OT shootout against the Eagles and the playoff game to the Chiefs.

They phased Diggs out of their offense and became more of a running team. He really didnt produce much at all during their stretch run.

They have Kincaid who has emerged as one of the best pass catching TE's in the NFL, a talented RB in Cook and they still have the best QB in the division. I am sure they will draft a WR early, hopefully not the one everybody has been talking about today, Brian Thomas, they would have to trade up for him. Then they will also probably pick another WR in Free Agency, maybe a DJ Chark or Tyler Boyd, Shakir was already emerging as a good WR late in the season for them and they picked up Curtis Samuel in Free Agency, so with a couple additions in the draft and Free Agency their WR corps could look very good unfortunately.
It is interesting to me how many are able to so quickly write the Bill's off. They have won the division 3 or 4 years in a row, including beating us at home at the end last year. So until proven otherwise, it is still their show. They also have the advantage of being a cold weather team, and that is when the playoffs and crucial late season games happen. Hopefully we knock the Bill's off the pedestal this year - we have a decent chance. Personally, I am not taking the victory laps until we actually do it. Not to mention, I don't want to jinx it either. So fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom