Dave Hyde On The Implosion Of The AFC East And What It Means For The Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave Hyde On The Implosion Of The AFC East And What It Means For The Dolphins

When Phillips went down in the Jets game, that's when I thought things started going in the wrong direction for Miami.

To that point, the Dolphins were surviving injuries on the offensive line etc. and surviving.

I know injuries are part of the game, but Miami was hit hard. I feel that's the primary reason the season went south.

Who knows what 2024 will bring. Too early to tell, but more talent has left the building than has joined the team. Grier obviously had tough decisions to make.
I think we have the opportunity to be a more talented team next year. We’ve improved vastly at LB, TE & the secondary. Potentially at oline & wr too. Plus let’s not discount what Achane will bring. He could be the best rb in the league.

I remember being really mad about the Phillips injury but I still thought we were going to make a deep playoff run since at that time he was the only starter who was lost for the season.

I thought the Titans game was what changed everything. Thats the game we lost Connor Williams for the season and Tyreek Hill got injured and was never the same for the rest of the season. Compound that with losing a game that as it turned out ruined our season and made the difference between being the 2 seed and the 6 seed.

Then the injury bug spiraled out of control.

Waddle got injured against the Cowboys. X and Chubb against the Ravens. Then Baker and Van Ginkel against the Bills. Mostert was also injured.

Its just a shame the way the season ended with how promising of a season it was looking like until the Titans game.
Yes losing out on the 2 seed killed us. No way in hell we win 3 straight road games in the elements. Regardless, we were too banged up to expect much

Bills haven’t won anything. I don’t get why some people think they are some juggernaut. It’s weird
🤔…could it be that Allen is 11-2 vs the dolphins since he joined the league and 7 of those wins were complete blowouts? And the 2 wins miami has over Allen they’re completely outplayed and won by a combined 6 pts? They’re not a juggernaut in the grand scheme of things but they are a juggernaut when Miami is involved until the Dolphins finally change this narrative on the field.

🤔…could it be that Allen is 11-2 vs the dolphins since he joined the league and 7 of those wins were complete blowouts? And the 2 wins miami has over Allen they’re completely outplayed and won by a combined 6 pts? They’re not a juggernaut in the grand scheme of things but they are a juggernaut when Miami is involved until the Dolphins finally change this narrative on the field.
He’s definitely looked awesome against us. If we beat tennessee it wouldn’t have mattered if we beat them or not

I like Dave Hyde way more than most on here. Let’s revisit this article after draft.

The Dolphins with a deep passing game, below average OL, and bad defense don’t scare anybody in Dec/Jan playoff football. I’m sorry but it’s true.

Edit - Dolphins were 25th in pts allowed in 2022 and 22nd in 2023. If you think they got better by bargain shopping against the cap in 2024, then you’re drinking the kool aid.
That points allowed ranking is very skewed by 2 really bad outlier games. The Bills and the Ravens.

I think we have the opportunity to be a more talented team next year. We’ve improved vastly at LB, TE & the secondary. Potentially at oline & wr too. Plus let’s not discount what Achane will bring. He could be the best rb in the league.
I expect our D to be much better and our offense to still be prolific but with a couple new weapons including a really good TE and hopefully a new third WR.

Bills haven’t won anything. I don’t get why some people think they are some juggernaut. It’s weird
They have the 2nd most wins in the NFL since 2020. Allen’s playoff numbers are as good as they get. How many times have we beat them since Allen has been playing?

I agree.
Bills - defending champs until beaten. They have their franchise QB.
Jets - with Rodgers they will always have a chance.
Pats - likely last place and the team we must sweep.
Us - time will tell. Tua stays healthy? OL gets help? McD grows as a HC? Our D has a new DC, does it work out?

All good questions.

So many making statements. Tua to Hill is still the deadliest thing in an NFL offense. That's all I know.

Who knows what the future has to offer? I know it's underrated how much we stabbed ourselves in the foot last year be it penalties, play-calling, game management.

A couple of tweaks here, more Achanes to the house there... who knows?

New, hungry D coordinator... who knows? No risk in hoping... praying.

Miami Dolphins: 2
Buffalo Allens: 10
And that's the real problem. Buffalo has our number. It's really tough to win the east when they sweep us. I'm glad they lost Diggs but they'll probably draft someone decent with the wr depth. Maybe this will be the year the injury bug finally bites Allen, that would make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom