Greg Van Roten, RG from the Raiders... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Van Roten, RG from the Raiders...

You can’t really compare the two. Despite being drafted a year before Eichenberg, Jackson is still more than a year and a half younger. Liam was at Notre Dame for 5 years, having played for essentially 4 years and a full time starter for 3.

Jackson was 20 years old when we drafted him and had missed his sophomore season after donating bone marrow to his sister. He was a very raw athlete where as Liam should’ve been a damn near finished product.

Eichenberg turned 26 in January, not exactly a spring chicken with loads of time to reach this mythical potential he apparently possesses.

The fact remains Liam Eichenberg is the 11th ranked starter on offense, out of 11. An offense that is far from perfect. So when you’re looking to upgrade that unit, you start at the bottom. Liam is at the bottom.

You guys can’t hold out hope and pray for his success but I’ll continue to read the writing on the wall.
Casper, I respect your opinion, but when you move any player from OT, to G to C and have a different OL coach each season, it’s not a recipe for success. I’m not pro/con on Eich, but I think we will see improvement.

Casper, I respect your opinion, but when you move any player from OT, to G to C and have a different OL coach each season, it’s not a recipe for success. I’m not pro/con on Eich, but I think we will see improvement.
If he was good at ANY position, they would have stuck him on it.

Don’t you think it’s just as likely they kept moving him cause he sucked at everything? It’s not like we had such a good OL that his opportunities were limited since he’s been here.

This is crazy.
How?

We have the same starting LT as last year, the same starting LG as last year, and the same starting RT as last year. We have the same backup tackles and guards.

The only two differences on our OL from last year are that we replaced our starting C with one of the highest paid centers in the NFL, and we let Hunt walk and signed Driscoll to replace him.

Unless we cut someone who made the roster last year, we’re full.

I did, as I mentioned the two teams he played RG against. Are we selectively quoting here? You mentioned me having access to PFF so you obviously saw my other post.

Also, the Skins pass rush isn't exactly all worldly.

It's funny you mention continuity being key yet when he had continuity at LG for a year he was stir fried trash awful, but you used a single game last year against a pathetic team like it was some cursory example of him being good at LG, which is also not what we were discussing.

You guys can die on that hill defending Eich, but my original argument was with the poster who couldnt understand why people are reluctant about Eich starting at RG. There's more than enough reason to do so, arguing against that is comical.
Jonathan Allen is one of the better DT pass rushers and he was across from Eich most of that game.

I’m sure even Dallas Thomas might’ve had a good game here or there lol

Similar players
Eich is similar to Dallas fccking Thomas??? Not even close. Whichever scout decided Thomas should have a 3rd round grade deserves to be working in a car wash now. Even for a ranked amateur like me, Thomas was an easy eval at Tennessee. He was no better than UDFA quality. Eich looks like an All-Pro compared to Dallas fccking Thomas.

สงกรานต์ เริ่มเลย
Good gawd. Then the time to flee from Pattaya and Phuket and hide out up in Issan somewhere. Get away from the drunken Aussies and Euros with their gawd damned super soakers.

Eich is similar to Dallas fccking Thomas??? Not even close. Whichever scout decided Thomas should have a 3rd round grade deserves to be working in a car wash now. Even for a ranked amateur like me, Thomas was an easy eval at Tennessee. He was no better than UDFA quality. Eich looks like an All-Pro compared to Dallas fccking Thomas.
Yeah that was a mean statement 😂

Sorry Liam! I’m hoping he plays well like any player on the team. Our opinions just differ at the moment on one at the current time

His rookie season was especially set up for disaster for him and Ajax too. The lead OL coach was Jeanpierre who learned under Tom Cable and coached his odd pass blocking techniques. They moved Ajax to a new position, LG, and we laughed at his incompetence all season. After being bounced around in practices and preseason at different positions but mostly on the right side, they decided Eich should be the LT. Why not leave Ajax there and just let Eich play LG as a rookie?
As an LG in 2022, Eich was just starting to show signs of competence when he injured his leg vs Detroit. The play as I recall, had Connor in pass pro vs Benito Jones, and when the latter extended as high as he could reach to try to deflect the pass, Connor flung him down to the side and Jones landed across the back of Eich's leg. Once he was healthy again, Rob Jones had been looking pretty good but they still benched him and made Eich the starter again and he was seemingly back to square one. Playing well below average as he was early in the season.
This season at least, there is continuation as for OL coach, scheme, etc.
Just settle Eich into one position and let him compete there. Please never have him play Center again.

Please never have him play Center again.

That is the hope

He should be the break if emergency center if everyone else goes down

Not terrible as a 6th O Linemen but that might be his ceiling

Unless Eichenberg gets struck down by lightning between now and September, he’s going to be our starting RG. I don’t know why this board is so reluctant to accept that.

He was an early second round pick and the staff likes him.

Robert Jones will start over Eich

Is there some news that makes this relevant? Did we have him in for a visit, or is there talk of an impending deal?

No, sorry to give that impression.

But after today any free agent signed will no longer count as part of the compensatory pick formula.

I do expect someone will be brought in that spot.

No, sorry to give that impression.

But after today any free agent signed will no longer count as part of the compensatory pick formula.

I do expect someone will be brought in that spot.
There may not be any signings until the cap space from Howard's post june 1 cut comes available.

Back
Top Bottom