Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who?

If WR Is The Pick @ 21...Who?

• Total voters
If we draft a WR, this franchise is completely directionless.
Everybody is looking at our free agent moves and trying to use that to eliminate positions we would take in the draft. I think the total opposite is going on. Grier is getting enough guys from a whole spectrum of positions so that he can take the BPA, whatever that position may be. So, without knowing who is available, we have no idea what position we will be going.

Of these guys, Brian Thomas Jr is the only one I'd consider
at 21.

Him and McConkey are the options at 21. Leggette is a real option at 55, though.
The question for me is who do you take if both Thomas and Barton are there? I've been warming up to Barton as someone with the versatility to play everywhere on the line.

But pairing Thomas with Hill and Waddle is about as exciting as it gets. That would be a nightmare for defenses.

Of those listed, Thomas is the ONLY one I'd consider at 21. I still think it would be a big mistake, but I can see it happening.
I like the idea of trading down with GB, which has been speculated. McConkey should be there at 25, but then you also add a pick. I'd feel better about a wide receiver in that scenario.

I do think Thomas has superstar potential if he's someone who will work at it. McConkey is just a good football player. The type who will become a fan favorite wherever he goes.

In terms of matchups, assuming Miami takes Thomas, is he facing a third corner, a safety? And what's that mean for Smith at tight end? That's a nightmare for any defense.

The question for me is who do you take if both Thomas and Barton are there? I've been warming up to Barton as someone with the versatility to play everywhere on the line.

But pairing Thomas with Hill and Waddle is about as exciting as it gets. That would be a nightmare for defenses.
I totally agree. Adding Thomas would overwhelm opposing defenses. Also consider that Hill and Waddle get dinged and injured frequently.

Thomas is the only WR I would consider at 21.

We also have to consider that Waddle will be a FA next year. We might be able to tag and trade him. Sort of what the Bengals are considering with Tee Higgins. We have to stay forward thinking.

Grier is set up nicely to go BPA. If none of the top talent lusted for by the coaching staff is there at 21, trade down, there is other talent available. I think Rickey Pearsall is a 3rd round steal.

I'd lean Barton, because Miami won't have to many chances to draft OL of that caliber, assuming they keep making the playoffs. Also, Thomas Jr, as talented as he is, will likely have a limited role to start, and particularly in Miami, it might take him a while to get up to speed. It's one of the reasons I'm so high on McConkey Day 1 and Rice Day 2. They're guys that should pick up the offense quicker than the other WR's available to Miami.

Jmo I would not draft Thomas at 21 if we had to draft a receiver.

If we had to I would go with Leggette
Leggette scares me a bit... he's a one year wonder type of player. This type of player always strikes me as boom or bust.
I mean... he LOOKS like a taller Tyreek Hill, but he's awfully green and seems to be more of a contested catch guy than anything else.

I think he fits 2-3rd round.

Back
Top Bottom