"Mike McDaniel cries a lot and that makes the players want to play harder" says one veteran | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Mike McDaniel cries a lot and that makes the players want to play harder" says one veteran

Many of us on this site grew up in a different era. An era where coaches/bosses/father figures were tough and many times could come off as assholes. But we did our best for them because we didn’t want to get bitched at. We wanted to prove ourselves to them because maybe we had some respect for those that came before us.

The generation that is coming into the league now, is a bit different. Maybe they will play hard for you if they love you and see you as an equal. So the question is will players play harder for someone they fear or someone they love?
Good question. But to be honest, a Head Coach crying would not get my respect, but hey I was raised on Coach Shula, aka The GOAT!

Many of us on this site grew up in a different era. An era where coaches/bosses/father figures were tough and many times could come off as assholes. But we did our best for them because we didn’t want to get bitched at. We wanted to prove ourselves to them because maybe we had some respect for those that came before us.

The generation that is coming into the league now, is a bit different. Maybe they will play hard for you if they love you and see you as an equal. So the question is will players play harder for someone they fear or someone they love?
yup thats the point I was getting to

The man is comfortable in his skin, obviously, nothing wrong with that. I just hope our DC and OL coach aren't criers too...I want a mean alpha man who sits on the edge of his seat spewing curse words and passing gas.

The man is comfortable in his skin, obviously, nothing wrong with that. I just hope our DC and OL coach aren't criers too...I want a mean alpha man who sits on the edge of his seat spewing curse words and passing gas.
I can do that.

Back
Top Bottom