Official Draft Day Thread | Page 71 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

Great pick!!! Another CG home run!!!! Since we how many playoffs games have we won last 25 years....but waiting for you clueless fanboys to defend CG the best GM in clueless fins fans minds.

I really don’t understand how people are upset with a 250 pound edge who runs a 4.48 at pick #21.

This is the weirdest fan base in the world. Drafting a guard in the first round is moronic. We just let a very good 27-year old guard walk because we didn’t want to pay a guard. Why the hell would you use a first round pick on a player you won’t want to re-sign, no matter how well he turns out?

4. CHOP ROBINSON, Penn State (6-3, 255, 4.51, 1): Third-year junior spent 2021 at Maryland and 2022-’23 in Happy Valley. “Love him,” one scout said. “I see Chop every bit as good as Turner. Sky’s the limit. He’s why coaches get paid. Now you’ve got some work to do with him. You get annoyed because he doesn’t have a (lot) of production this year (four sacks, 15 tackles in 10 starts) but he only played 50% of their defensive snaps. They rotate the hell out of guys.” Able to rush equally well from both sides. “Must be an ambidextrous kid,” a second scout said. “I’m telling you, you don’t find that. He’s got a burst off the edge that’s rare. This is one of the few players you will ever see that can slip and dip and make the L move at the proper angle and depth of the quarterback, and he can do it from the left and right sides. And he can play the run. He’s not a hit-and-shed guy. He’s an escape guy. He runs off blocks. He doesn’t defeat blocks but he’s so quick and athletic he doesn’t have to beat on ‘em. He can escape and pursue down the line. This is what everybody’s looking for.” His 10-8 broad jump tied for the longest at the position. “He’s sudden, explosive, plays his ass off,” a third scout said. “Michigan couldn’t block him; they couldn’t even get their hands on him. That’s exactly why they started running the ball every play.” Started 11 of 35 games, finishing with 60 tackles (20 for loss), 11 ½ sacks, three forced fumbles and three passes defensed. “This Chop Robinson is the most overrated player in the draft,” a fourth scout said. “The comp is Bryce Huff. He’s the perfect example of a guy running a (fast) 40-yard dash. The way he’s being talked about, I thought they were talking about Lawrence Taylor. It makes no sense to me. If you told me third or fourth round, I’d get it. But first round? He's not even very big. Michigan ran right at that kid and he had no answer.” Arms were 32 ½, hands were 9 1/8. “He’s like Myles Garrett,” said a fifth scout. “He has the most potential but he doesn’t finish. He just doesn’t make plays.” From Gaithersburg, Md. “He reminded me of Haason Reddick and that (Arnold) Ebiketie that came out of Penn State (second round, 2022) and has been doing well at Atlanta,” a sixth scout said. “You talk about getting off the ball and flattening the edge. Whoa. He can do it. Rare get-off.”
High ceiling. Low floor. Thanks, nice balanced set of scout quotes.

Chop is much closer to TJ Watt than he is to Harris.
Chop proved basically nothing at Penn State other than he is an elite athlete. He has one move and when it doesn’t work he is a non-factor. I’m not saying he is going to be a bust, but his name doesn’t belong in the conversation with guys like TJ Watt or Micah Parsons.

Seems like some like his talent and upside and pressure rate. The question then is, why could he not get the sacks when he was getting pressure? What's the missing thing that caused so few of that? That's not good unless can figure a reasonable explanation

Back
Top Bottom