Reworked and refined throwing by Tua | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reworked and refined throwing by Tua

This thread won't get out if control...

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Increased foot speed and mobility will really help him in that area.

Let's hope he's running around like a gazelle out there this season.
Call me crazy, but he wouldnā€™t have to run like a gazelle if our OL wasnā€™t trash. He went from MVP front runner to ā€œfat and slowā€ when every starter on our OL was hurt. Oh and some of their back ups were hurt too. I appreciate the people who want Tua to run around, but I would prefer an OL that doesnā€™t allow multiple defenders to apply pressure in 2.5 seconds (or less) every pass pro rep.

I agree there were a few times (last year) where he could have run, but unless he was Lamar Jackson fast 90% of the time there was no way to escape. There is a difference between avoiding a blitz or pressure from 1 defender and escaping from your pocket immediately crumbling around you.

I would have quoted the guy you quoted, but I opted for the block button on that one.

Call me crazy, but he wouldnā€™t have to run like a gazelle if our OL wasnā€™t trash. He went from MVP front runner to ā€œfat and slowā€ when every starter on our OL was hurt. Oh and some of their back ups were hurt too. I appreciate the people who want Tua to run around, but I would prefer an OL that doesnā€™t allow multiple defenders to apply pressure in 2.5 seconds (or less) every pass pro rep.

I agree there were a few times (last year) where he could have run, but unless he was Lamar Jackson fast 90% of the time there was no way to escape. There is a difference between avoiding a blitz or pressure from 1 defender and escaping from your pocket immediately crumbling around you.

I would have quoted the guy you quoted, but I opted for the block button on that one.
Why did you have to bring sense into this? I'm with you though.

I commend his constant desire to push himself. Itā€™s not a given. The training group heā€™s working with this year has a legendary reputation of upgrading some of the best QBs the league has seen in the last couple decades. Iā€™m very excited to see the improvement.

Tua throws at 2.5 secs because the offense is built to him and he is really most effective as a 1 read qb . I have seen many plays where there is far more time but he has already decided where he was going to throw or even force the ball mostly to Hill.

For some reason many posters want to blame anyone other than Tua for any shortcomings . There is no such thing as a perfect offense , if there was even my old fat ass would be able to suit up .

For some reason many posters want to blame anyone other than Tua for any shortcomings . There is no such thing as a perfect offense , if there was even my old fat ass would be able to suit up .
Have to disagree here.......I see plenty of Tua criticism whether it is justified or not by his performance on the field. Whether that is direct criticism of his play if poor, or the inability to recognize when he does things well and acknowledge it....both are present in plenty of quantity here on this site.

Tua certainly isn't perfect, but I believe most people recognize that he makes enough plays and has enough talent that we can win with him and that our priorities for the draft and free agency lie at other positions outside of QB

Yes, there is no perfect offense, however the tweaks and improvements made along the way to try to get to one are what will prove successful over time. The addition of a 3rd viable receiving option and a TE threat that challenge the defense along with an improved O-Line to help both the passing and rushing games aren't simply excuses for Tua.....those are what I would view as necessary steps to help this offense evolve and take the next step.

Tom House is known as the father of modern pitching mechanics. Tom House was one of the first to use mechanics and athlete motion analysis to develop a practical pitching program for pitchers and rotational athletes. He was credited with extending Nolan Ryan's career. It was originally a program to increase velocity and hone mechanics. My son was in his program throwing 92mph as a high school junior. Sadly his senior year was cancelled due to Covid. He was recruited by multiple D1 schools but decided to walk away. :(
Tom's program evolved to include QB's as the throwing motion was similar to a pitcher's. It most likely helped Brady extend his career. They don't talk about it in the article but it will increase Tua's velocity. It's a program to increase arm strength without the use of weights and refine the mechanics to maximize velocity. A lot of core training is involved because the entire body works in unison during a throw.
My son was consistently gaining 3-4mph over the offseason which is huge for a pitcher. It keeps the arm healthy, my son had zero arm issues.

Here is a great watch, it's about 15 minutes. It's about Tom House and his program featuring pitcher Steve Delabar.

This line scares the hell out of me;
The video from Tuesday, which tagged 3DQB, appears to be further confirmation that Tagovailoa is getting consultation from the best in the business.
Tom house and John Beck the best in the businessšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Back
Top Bottom