Reworked and refined throwing by Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reworked and refined throwing by Tua

Tua throws at 2.5 secs because the offense is built to him and he is really most effective as a 1 read qb . I have seen many plays where there is far more time but he has already decided where he was going to throw or even force the ball mostly to Hill.

For some reason many posters want to blame anyone other than Tua for any shortcomings . There is no such thing as a perfect offense , if there was even my old fat ass would be able to suit up .
It's easy for us to say such things. This offense was constructed to be quick offense, Obviously. He knows the shortcomings of this Oline, it's only natural to rely on the 1st and 2nd receivers to get open within 2.5 seconds. It's like ingrained. Maybe, hopefully, it will be more versatile.

They need to not center 90% of the plays to Hill and open up the play calling to other players.

I believe Tua is fine and will only get better. As for Hill, he's a double-edged sword. We know the good he brings, but his alpha personality demands the ball. He's like Pac-Man. I am pretty sure McDaniel will keep feeding him. Good or bad, I am not sure we can undo the dynamics of what we have as long as he is with the team.

As for Tua slimming down, I see this as a sign that we will try and let our plays develop more. It still might mean Hill gets the ball, but others might start getting the ball a little more, too.

This line scares the hell out of me;
The video from Tuesday, which tagged 3DQB, appears to be further confirmation that Tagovailoa is getting consultation from the best in the business.
Tom house and John Beck the best in the business🤣🤣🤣
What's so scarey about that? Every qb needs to tweak their mechanics. It's not like he is learning the position from scratch, like Tannehil. I mean how in the hell did we all think Tannehill would amount to anything more? He started to play qb in college 🤣

Tua throws at 2.5 secs because the offense is built to him and he is really most effective as a 1 read qb . I have seen many plays where there is far more time but he has already decided where he was going to throw or even force the ball mostly to Hill.

For some reason many posters want to blame anyone other than Tua for any shortcomings . There is no such thing as a perfect offense , if there was even my old fat ass would be able to suit up .
And for some posters all the blame should be on Tua. Either camp just can't help themselves.

This line scares the hell out of me;
The video from Tuesday, which tagged 3DQB, appears to be further confirmation that Tagovailoa is getting consultation from the best in the business.
Tom house and John Beck the best in the business🤣🤣🤣

Just admit you don’t know the difference between a house and a John?

If you did you would remove that post

I actually don't think Tua's mobility was a problem escaping moderate pass rush pressure. Where i saw meat being left on the bone was 1. His apparent failure to look for and target secondary/tertiary options when the designed play began to break down, and 2. Not appearing to recognize and/or take advantage when the defense offered him a wide open lane to the first down.

Instead of checking down or running when his preferred read(s) werent popping right away he tends to force the ball into coverage or scramble laterally to buy his top option time so long that he has to throw the ball away or take a sack. As a result we end up with a boom/bust passing game that can stall out or turn the ball over against better defenses. Why won't he take what defenses give him?

So i dont get all the fat shaming when what i see are not mobility issues but instead deficiencies in awareness, mindset and/or decision making.

Have to disagree here.......I see plenty of Tua criticism whether it is justified or not by his performance on the field. Whether that is direct criticism of his play if poor, or the inability to recognize when he does things well and acknowledge it....both are present in plenty of quantity here on this site.
Yeah, those people having to suffer with him leading the league in passing and many other metrics have it rough.

Call me crazy, but he wouldn’t have to run like a gazelle if our OL wasn’t trash. He went from MVP front runner to “fat and slow” when every starter on our OL was hurt. Oh and some of their back ups were hurt too. I appreciate the people who want Tua to run around, but I would prefer an OL that doesn’t allow multiple defenders to apply pressure in 2.5 seconds (or less) every pass pro rep.

I agree there were a few times (last year) where he could have run, but unless he was Lamar Jackson fast 90% of the time there was no way to escape. There is a difference between avoiding a blitz or pressure from 1 defender and escaping from your pocket immediately crumbling around you.

I would have quoted the guy you quoted, but I opted for the block button on that one.
If he's scrambling around trying to make a play (for whatever reason), I want gazelle!

Tua with a quicker release? Yes, please

I would like to see Tua change up his dropbacks/ release time, and to smartly try and extend plays with his feet to keep defenses honest. I also hope he is continuing his judo training and is practicing how to slide. Even if he just does it a little bit, he puts it on film and it's another thing defenses have to prepare for.

Every player works to get better and Tua has done so and is continuing to put in the work. Now it's time to take care of the OL. That alone fixes a multitude of problems with the offense. When you have a team leader putting in the extra time and work you would think that the powers that be would reciprocate by bolstering to obvious issue. Remember your getting ready to 'back up a Brinks truck' to Tua's bank.

Call me crazy, but he wouldn’t have to run like a gazelle if our OL wasn’t trash. He went from MVP front runner to “fat and slow” when every starter on our OL was hurt. Oh and some of their back ups were hurt too. I appreciate the people who want Tua to run around, but I would prefer an OL that doesn’t allow multiple defenders to apply pressure in 2.5 seconds (or less) every pass pro rep.

I agree there were a few times (last year) where he could have run, but unless he was Lamar Jackson fast 90% of the time there was no way to escape. There is a difference between avoiding a blitz or pressure from 1 defender and escaping from your pocket immediately crumbling around you.

I would have quoted the guy you quoted, but I opted for the block button on that one.
I like Tua but it's a little too convenient to blame the OL for all of his problems. I'm kinda amazed at how he's viewed now vs what it looked like at the end of the season when fans wanted him gone.

Pros of Tua
Accurate
Plays great within system
Terrific teammate and leader
Much better pocket awareness than guys like Tannehill (low bar I know but important)

Cons
Can't make plays off schedule, not an improviser like other great QBs
is not as athletic or quick twitch as top QBs and can't offer a running option
Did not perform well against top defenses last season

What I love about this guy is that he's committed to getting better and winning and I wouldn't bet against him. He could have shrunk and withered away after the awful coaching and treatment he got from Brian Flores. But he didn't and has thrived with McD who has tailored the offense to work with Tua's strengths. I don't think they want Tua sitting back in the pocket for 4-5 seconds. he's a point guard like Brees was who performs better with quick reads.

I think both Tua and his coach will make adjustments. We'll have better guards on the O-line and there will be more running backs and TEs as receiving options. Achane is a great all around back and Johnnu Smith should be a great pickup. Get Tua another WR and some IOLs and I think the offense gets even better

Back
Top Bottom