Reworked and refined throwing by Tua | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reworked and refined throwing by Tua

By who?

He had a complete hip repair less than a calendar year before the season...

Has potentially career ending injury, 5 months later is the "most NFL ready QB in history"?

Including the likes of John Elway, Andrew Luck, etc?

No, nobody said that.

And I'm not a Tua apologist.

And don't cmon man me, your ignorance won't get any companionship from me.

I do remember hearing this as well, but this was also before the injury. I do remember hearing it right up before the draft saying he would be the #1 before he got hurt because he was the most ready.

I don't think it's even clear what people mean when they say "pro ready."

It can imply experience performing certain tasks, sometimes as simple as taking snaps from under certain to more complex conceptual stuff about play-names, huddling, reading defenses or making progressions.

It can also speak to someone's health and availability I guess. Herbert was considered more "ready" than Tua from the standpoint of health and availability when the draft came.

It can also be brought up in terms of the level of competition or what type of system a QB may run in the pro's. A running QB may not immediately be ready for just any type of NFL offense obviously.

"Pro ready" can mean different things to different people and be brought up for different reasons about different players.

Great post… just disagree. Giannis articulated it best… No failure in sports. Steps to success!

Giannis is conflating 2 different things: personal growth and team goals. And it's probably not fair to ask him in the moment to be completely humble and honest with himself. Personal reflection is a process that takes months.

The interviewer asked whether failing to win a particular game/series meant "the season" was a failure--which by definition it was. In that sense, the interviewer wasn't asking the literal question of, 'did you lose today.' The interviewer is implying something more and Giannis misses the point.

A more honest response would've been, 'we did fall short and that realization hurts. We thought we were good enough but we were humbled. That's painful but it will motivate us and we will come back stronger through the lessons we learned and through growth we must push ourselves and our team towards.'

But that kind of honesty you don't get from athletes with egos, especially not publicly and almost never in the moment. You get it from older people--coaches mostly. In most sports you're not allowed to say you're emotionally crushed. You can shed tears. You can bury your head in your hands sitting on the bench after the game. But you can't openly say it. Athletes generally don't like reliving the pain of having their glory taken by another. You congratulate the opponent and say something like, 'We didn't do enough today. We didn't play our game.'

In a world where you repeat the same year-long process (what we call a "season") in an attempt to try and win a Championship, falling short is by definition a "failure" if you're good enough to have that type of goal. Obviously a rebuilding team isn't in position to make that kind of run.

But Miami was and they:

...failed to win the AFC East.
...failed to garner a home Playoff game.
...failed to end their Playoff drought.
...failed to win the Super Bowl.

Those were all goals they openly stated they had. They fell short. That's failing. The worst thing the team could do is lie to themselves about it. The best athletes use failure as motivation--whether it's actual failure or just the fear of being caught.

We can talk about evolving your game and personal growth all we want. It doesn't go back and in time and change the score.

Moving this topic back to Tua, there's a public perception that he loses the big game. That's come from numerous examples of him doing that in Primetime. He didn't look good in the CFB Playoffs. He didn't look good in Primetime under Flores. He hasn't faired well in Primetime under McDaniel. And in his 1 Playoff game (also primetime) he lost badly.

If the public is to be convinced they must be shown what they have not since that 1/2 against Georgia when he emerged. There is no being on one side or the other of this truth. It must happen if the public are to change their minds.

Last edited:
Like fk, use your brain. There are times sure, but FAR LESS when you have the crappiest OL in the league, that is not only crappy but crappy and often injured making them more crappy. Tua's job is to get the ball into the play makers hands as quickly as possible and STAY HEALTHY! This team is complete crap without him in the line up. It's like what the hell do you guys want? There is only one Mahomes. Marino rushed for 87 yards in his career, Tua already has 381.
lol i was gonna tell the guy to take his own advice but then thought why bother wasting my time . The clueless ones will never get it .

Not trying to argue. I am seriously curious.

Can you give me 5 examples of Mahomes extending plays last year when the o line completely breaks down in less then 2 seconds?

Again not arguing. I am just curious and need to understand this off script concern.

Also, in the last 2 seasons, Tua has had to score more then 30 points to win a game more often then Mahomes/ Allen and Jackson the last 2 seasons.

So Tua has shown the ability to put the team on his shoulders.
He cant even do that for Tua the team he supposedly watches no way he can for Mahomes .

It’s been 52 years since we last saw the blue diamond.

1712953748326.gif

This will be the year when we see it again. 👍

He cant even do that for Tua the team he supposedly watches no way he can for Mahomes .

Yeah. I mean I am not saying Tua is the best at extending plays. However there are plenty of examples last year where he did just that.

If Tua has to dodge a defender that slipped by the tackle,cand he steps up in the pocket only to be greeted by a collapsed pocket, it's not really fair to say he can't extend that play.

Now there are examples of him eluding a defender and making a poor throw,no doubt.

But I think people overexaggerate this who extending plays argument.

Context is important.

Those are not the same situations that players like Mahomes and Jackson face.

Give Tua 2.5+ seconds of clean pocket time like Jackson and Mahomes get, as opposed to the league low of 2.1 seconds. Then we'll be able to start comparing.

I usually don't get into the Tua discussions becuase they always inevitably get hy-jacked by the Right-Wing Tua Haters.....
Mad Russian GIF by alperdurmaz

and the Tree Hugging Hippie Tua Stans.....
hippie dancing GIF

SO HERE YE, HERE YE.... I DECLARE; THAT IF YOU BELIEVE TUA CANT WIN A SUPER BOWL, YOU HAVE THE BRAIN OF A DONKEY.....

I ALSO DECLARE; THAT IF YOU BELIEVE TUA IS THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE OR IS ON THE SAME LEVEL AS MAHOMES, YOU HAVE THE BRAIN OF A DONKEY.....
See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

So, you are an expert on "Donkey Brains". - LOL

Back
Top Bottom