Trade down with #21 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down with #21

So...
If Brian Thomas. Jr is still there at 21 then I would be hard pressed to pass him up.
But.. if he is not then we should trade out of the pick and pick up at least a third round and maybe a fourth-round pick in addition to the extra second round pick we would acquire.
Then, I would target WR Xavier Legette, and C Zach Frazier and OT Patrick Paul with the additional picks.
I am telling you that I believe Xavier Legette will be the one player that will definitely out-play his draft position in this year's draft.
I would consider trading down with an NFC team if they want to trade up for Brian Thomas. I would want at least a 3rd round pick in return.

I don’t see them trading Down in the first round. But I do see them trading down in the 2nd.

You don't trade away #21 before we're on the clock, you never know who falls. Imagine the same scenario that we had with Tunsil and someone like Alt falls, Grier would be linched on here if that happened.

Me personally would like to trade down (after we're on the clock) to the end of the first or even top of the 2nd and gain extra picks cause this is a deep draft.

If six quarterbacks go before 21, some really good talent will be there for Miami. Especially if they are looking defense.

That 25 spot could work, maybe netting a 3rd or 4th to the Dolphins. But not sure the team would move much further down. If at all.
6? I really think that's very low probability.

Hoping for 5 is possible.

I will play devil's advocate and say we move up a couple of spots (roughly) by including a 2025 3rd if someone we really really want is there.

**Pure uneducated speculation on my part. I take no responsibility if you choose to use this speculation to place a bet or take out a 3rd mortgage on your van down by the river.
We don't have the draft capital to move up.... not that we don't have future picks, but when you add how few picks we've made over the last 3 seasons to the equation, I think trading up has a 0% chance of happening.

Just because he’s calling doesn’t mean he’s interested or that he has a trade partner. He’s just doing his due diligence. With as few picks that we have, we need two starters from our first two picks. Period, EOS. Highly doubt we find that in a trade down.
Seems like it would reduce your chances for sure. I wonder how many picks we would have to receive in order for several lower round picks to equal our current 21 and 55.

Just because he’s calling doesn’t mean he’s interested or that he has a trade partner. He’s just doing his due diligence. With as few picks that we have, we need two starters from our first two picks. Period, EOS. Highly doubt we find that in a trade down.
Hypothetically if KC called and offered #32 & #64 for #21. I could see us getting THREE starters with picks 32, 55 & 64.

This is a DAMN GOOD DRAFT

Hypothetically if KC called and offered #32 & #64 for #21. I could see us getting THREE starters with picks 32, 55 & 64.

This is a DAMN GOOD DRAFT

Yes. I'm doing that.

I am probably looking to move down against, 4-8 spots, giving up that last first round pick (and 5th year option), for an early 4th rounder.

I would consider trading down with an NFC team if they want to trade up for Brian Thomas. I would want at least a 3rd round pick in return.
San Francisco is apparently one of the teams who have acquired about trading up with us.

We don't have the draft capital to move up.... not that we don't have future picks, but when you add how few picks we've made over the last 3 seasons to the equation, I think trading up has a 0% chance of happening.
How's the draft capital in 2025, don't we now have like 3 third rounders?

Back
Top Bottom