Trade down with #21 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down with #21

agreed, one caveat though. The first 20 picks will be mostly made up of QBs, WRs, and OTs. If you want something else, there is a good chance an elite player at that other position will be available so definitely wait until you're on the clock.

The fact that we are in a good position to probably get a "top notch" lineman, a "top notch" BPA or trade down and get an extra pick and still possibly be in a position to draft a " top notch" OL or BPA sounds pretty good to me.

Thank you, Mr. Grier!

I will play devil's advocate and say we move up a couple of spots (roughly) by including a 2025 3rd if someone we really really want is there.

**Pure uneducated speculation on my part. I take no responsibility if you choose to use this speculation to place a bet or take out a 3rd mortgage on your van down by the river.

Bah, humbug! - LOL

The fact that we are in a good position to probably get a "top notch" lineman, a "top notch" BPA or trade down and get an extra pick and still possibly be in a position to draft a " top notch" OL or BPA sounds pretty good to me.

Thank you, Mr. Grier!
Ray, if we trade all the way down to Round 7, when we are on the clock, amazingly we will still be able to draft BPA..or shall I say least worst player available LWPA.

I would HATE to see the Dolphins trade out of the first round just to get an additional pick in the 3rd or 4th round.
Historically 50% of first round picks develop into solid starters in the NFL.

Only 33% of 2nd round picks eventually become solid starters and the percentage goes down to 16% for 3rd round picks and 8% for 4th round picks.

I would much rather take a chance on drafting one first round pick than two second round picks or even 2 second round picks and a third round pick.

The Dolphins need a player with their first pick who can come in and be a starter from day one and to me, that would be a first round pick based on historical averages.

So, the other 50% of the 1st round picks are failures?

Then that makes FA even more attractive.

Wait a minute, wait a minute; haven't we already added a lot of FAs on short, low-cost contracts this season?

So, you are saying Grier really knows what he is doing! - LOL

So...
If Brian Thomas. Jr is still there at 21 then I would be hard pressed to pass him up.
But.. if he is not then we should trade out of the pick and pick up at least a third round and maybe a fourth-round pick in addition to the extra second round pick we would acquire.
Then, I would target WR Xavier Legette, and C Zach Frazier and OT Patrick Paul with the additional picks.
I am telling you that I believe Xavier Legette will be the one player that will definitely out-play his draft position in this year's draft.
Do you think one of the earliest drafting teams would be interested in moving back?

Ray, if we trade all the way down to Round 7, when we are on the clock, amazingly we will still be able to draft BPA..or shall I say least worst player available LWPA.
True.
How many picks would that cost the other team though?
Would we pick up 4 or 5 more draft picks?
Which draft would all those draft picks come from?

True.
How many picks would that cost the other team though?
Would we pick up 4 or 5 more draft picks?
Which draft would all those draft picks come from?
No I was think we trade 1,2, 4,5 for a 7th and future considerations.

By drafting only in the low low rounds we can manage future salary cap issues.

Whatever the Fins decide to do with their picks, they need two bonafide starters to help plug the numerous holes.
No damn projects that have great measurables but can't play friggin' football. Plug and play baby! Plug and play! OG, C, DL, EDGE

Xavier Legette should be there if they trade up with us for another player. He would be worth taking at that slot because you could exercise the 5th year option on him like the Dolphins like to do with Tua, Waddle, and Phillips to balance out their mis-managed cap. LOL

They seem to have managed the cap much better than many of the posters here have presumed. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom