Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer

That was the most fun Ive had watching the play-offs in a very very very long time seeing the Bengals, a no-body team come back and defeat the Chiefs. That was a great year of football for me. As a Dolphin fan I gotta find post-season enjoyment elsewhere. What a story that was. Stuff of legends. I think he earned 50 million just for his pre-game attire, lmao!

That was the most fun Ive had watching the play-offs in a very very very long time seeing the Bengals, a no-body team come back and defeat the Chiefs. That was a great year of football for me. As a Dolphin fan I gotta find post-season enjoyment elsewhere. What a story that was. Stuff of legends. I think he earned 50 million just for his pre-game attire, lmao!

My mistake. Burrow is fun to watch if he can stay healthy

That is who i wanted in that draft

I thought you were referring to Herbert who has not won anything

• Love
Reactions: MDK
I understand what you're saying. However, I just want to mention something about the Baltimore game, even though Tyreek dropped that TD pass we were still leading 10-7 and the game was still manageable right up until the 2-minute mark. Do you know what happened? Tua threw the ball into double coverage which led to an INT that was a pivotal moment in the game.

In fact, in his last 2 regular season games he threw 4 INT and in all 4 instances, he threw the ball into double coverage. These are actions he has full control of and these mistakes Tua is making are a result of his own decisions at crucial times of the game. Hopefully he improves in this area.

True, but again, most of his mistakes, in these instances come after his WR let's him down.

Again, a QB is not going to make play after play after play.

Everything changes if the ball is caught.

For instance, if Tyreke does his job ad catches that TD against the Bills, Tuas last regular season pass is not an INT.

Again, it doesn't absolve Tua. But Tua made plays, in pivotal moments or made perfect throws.

I wish he would have done better in certain situations.

But there's a reason why teams like the Bills and Chiefs have TOP defenses.

You're not going to make play after play. So when Tuas last 5 passes are made. 3 were clutch great throws. Dropped by the WR. I'm not going to completely critiscize Tua for the 2 bad ones.

Again, if Tyreke catches that pass, you can add another 4th quarter game tying drive to tuas stats and clutch moments. Who knows what happens next.

But he doesn't, so Tuas last pass ends up being an INT rather then a perfectly thrown game tying TD

Reactions: MDK
This was heart-wrenching as well last year. Hill had some crucial drops that wouldve resulted in TDs. He needs to do better for 30 mill a year.

Correct.

Everyone does
If Tuas getting 50+, he needs to step up a little more.

Hill needs to catch the dang ball in primetime moments. Interesting point. In almost every game, against a winning team. Hill had a dropped TD pass or a crucial drop or TO leading to a TD. Another interesting note. If he catches those passes against Philly/ Buffalo and Philly, he comrs close tonbreaking 2000 yards.

The O line needs to allow Tua more then 2.1 seconds to throw the ball

The defense needs to not give up 15 points in less then 4 minutes. They need to actually win a game and not rely on Tua to always win it. Like every other good defense in the NFL does ( bills/ 49ers/ ravens/ Chiefs etc.)

The defense needs to not give up 15 points in less then 4 minutes. They need to actually win a game and not rely on Tua to always win it. Like every other good defense in the NFL does ( bills/ 49ers/ ravens/ Chiefs etc.)

Agree completely. While the D definitely had its moments last year, I never really felt comfortable that they could come in and WIN a game or get the opposing team off the field in crunch time.

It always seemed to come down to who was going to score more and that’s just not good balanced football. Not that I want to see the offence take a step back, but I think it could if the defense improves.

Good teams knew that they could put points up on us and so did we as fans. We have to change that and take some pressure off of the offence so that we’re not always relying on Tua to throw for 400 or to have guys take one to the house with the game winding down to win it.

You do realize that that contract will pay Tua more than Mahomes whom has 3 super bowls? "A little more"?

And?

You do realize, at 50 million, heck even at 55 million, Tua would cost less against the cap then Mahomes did? On an average basis, of course details are important.

The total isn't the factor. It's percentage against the cap.

If Tua gets 55 per. They structure it like Burrows and or herberts. Even though Tua would be making more, his cap hit would be less then those 2.

I have no problem with Tua being paid like a top 5 QB, because IMO he is.

Unfortunately, that's over 50 per

@GRYPHONK

So youre full steam ahead to pay Tua more than Mahomes? You think that is logical? To you Tua has more worth than a QB with 3 Super Bowl wins? Just trying to understand how your brain works.

That's not how it works. If it did Herbert would have never been paid.
It is how it works. One thing in this universe is absolute and that is "math". Tua will make more than Mahomes. That is a fact.

@GRYPHONK

So youre full steam ahead to pay Tua more than Mahomes? You think that is logical? To you Tua has more worth than a QB with 3 Super Bowl wins? Just trying to understand how your brain works.

What Mahomes makes is irrelevant.

I believe Tua is a top 5 QB

A top 5 QB in 2024 is going to get paid more then Mahomes who signed his contract in 2021.

So yes, I am perfectly fine with paying Tua more then Mahomes.

But it's a trick question really.

I mean l, even if they give to 60 per for 5 years, he's still making less then Mahomes who is is signed for 450 million.

Unless Tua gets more then 210 million guaranteed, he's not really making more then Mahomes.

Again, the cap hit is the important thing, not the total # which gets manipulated

@GRYPHONK

It is how it works. One thing in this universe is absolute and that is "math". Tua will make more than Mahomes. That is a fact.

Your math is wrong

Oh for the record, Mahomes has a cap hit of 37/65+/65+/65+

If Tua signs for the 55 per for 5 years. If it's structured like Herbert or Burrows, Mahomes current cap hits would be higher then Tuas until 2028

True, but again, most of his mistakes, in these instances come after his WR let's him down.

Again, a QB is not going to make play after play after play.

Everything changes if the ball is caught.

For instance, if Tyreke does his job ad catches that TD against the Bills, Tuas last regular season pass is not an INT.

Again, it doesn't absolve Tua. But Tua made plays, in pivotal moments or made perfect throws.

I wish he would have done better in certain situations.

But there's a reason why teams like the Bills and Chiefs have TOP defenses.

You're not going to make play after play. So when Tuas last 5 passes are made. 3 were clutch great throws. Dropped by the WR. I'm not going to completely critiscize Tua for the 2 bad ones.

Again, if Tyreke catches that pass, you can add another 4th quarter game tying drive to tuas stats and clutch moments. Who knows what happens next.

But he doesn't, so Tuas last pass ends up being an INT rather then a perfectly thrown game tying TD
You seem to be really focusing on the drops, so here is how Miami fared against other teams across the league. It's very interesting I see quite a few playoff teams on that list!

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl...rick-mahomes-offense/c3e1b49eda06be12f2da28d5 and yes I am aware Tyreek ranks #2 on the list when it comes to receivers.

I focus on the big picture and you just flat-out said Tua's mistakes came after his receivers let him down. That is a new one. All you did was reinforce that everything around him needs to be perfect, once things get sloppy or the play goes off script he doesn't hold up well and this is the heart of the issue. Tyreek is going to drop balls again, all his receivers will drop balls, it's inevitable. I don't understand how drops are related to his play. I am big on accountability so here's an example It's like driving in the rain - no matter how good of a driver you are, you can't do anything about the rain, but you can still be in control of how you react and handle the situation. He's gotta rise up when things don't go according to plan.

What Mahomes makes is irrelevant.
Its not irrelevant. That is just now how normal life works.

Ok, I work as a Bricklayer Foreman; my crew produces 2/3rds of Bob's crew but because my contract is up, I deserve to paid more than Bob who singed a contract 2 years ago? Bob outperforms me in every single way known to man but because Bob is make $115k a year, I deserve $125k a year because Bob made $115k 2 years ago?

That is not reality dude, period. Mahomes reset the QB market because he went to the AFC championship and followed that with a SB. They saw future value. Where is Tua's future value? In Tarot cards?
Tua and Herbert have literally done nothing worth resetting the market for. We are about to ridiculously overpay for a slim possibility and that worries the hell out of me. You on the other hand have your stamp of approval out and ready to sell our teams future on a dream, not reality. In reality Tua is worth 35 million at best.

I wish salary inflation worked like this for us common folk cause we havent seen a real salary increase in 15 years. But in the world of NFL celebrities the price goes up daily. Excuse me if Im not crying a river for Tua making a measly 35 million.

Back
Top Bottom