Vontae Davis has passed away | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae Davis has passed away

Sad, sad news. Although I’m a Buckeyes fan, I was also a fan of Vontae Davis going back to college and was glad the Dolphins drafted him.

Although his Dolphins career didn’t turn out as everyone would have liked, he always seemed like a good kid to me. Nobody should pass away at such a young age. That’s always a tough thing to see happen.

He was an ascending player and we all knew it. In fact, in his last season with us he played at a probowl level. Then Philbin came in and didn’t like him - there was some talk that he showed up drunk to practice (not sure if true). So we traded him for poor value. Then w Indy he continued on the trajectory he was on w us and went to two probowls. He was also one of the best tackling CBs around. Very physical. Bad trade by Ireland and Philbin - I railed about it for 2 years after that’s how much I hated it. Rest in peace young man. So sad.

It could have been that or that he chewed gum too loudly.

RIP

That's what bothers me with these athletes and the way they are treated. Used for their talent then forgotten.

There is no way those who came into contact with Vontae did not know he needed help but they used him for what they wanted from him then discarded him.
Sadly there’s always going to be vultures in these athletes lives. Everyone loves their slice of the pie but don’t stick around when the going gets tough

How much u want to bet fentanyl was involved? I’ll never forget that hard knocks episode when he asked for his mama (or grandma) when he was told he was being traded.
I dunno, man, probably better to save speculation for after any autopsy findings are released. It'd be weird to do your drugs at grandma's house. I hope it wasn't a suicide. Vontae never struck me as the type of guy to get help in that area. But he could've maybe just had a heart attack or something and then you and I are the assholes here-- you never know.

RIP VD

Hated watching VD get traded on Hard Knocks. Thought that was classless of show to leave that super personal comment in for public.

Haven’t supported any Hard Knocks since, even Dolphins last season. **** them.

That season was particularly ruthless:
1) The VD trade meeting
2) Ochocinco getting cut
3) The opening segment where the guy showed up to camp and got cut as soon as he arrived.

Back
Top Bottom