We're gonna pick an Edge at #21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're gonna pick an Edge at #21

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Best positional value out of our needs. We're missing TWO starting edges. We signed one. We paying Chubb big bucks to be irrelevant in '22, incur costly penalties and get injured down the stretch in '23, when he'll likely also miss most this next season.

We don't immediately need a starting OT and iOL is a reach.

WR/TE/DB would be overkill.

We're going iOL in the second.

DT in the 5th. Maybe trade up into the 3rd for one. We already brought a lot of bodies at iDL and we can bring more after the draft. Letting Wilkins go also shows how much we value the position.

WR late.

Verse, Latu and Turner are the consensus top 3, one probably drops to 21..

Have to match him up with the best lineman on the board and see who wins

I don't know man. Thats asking alot.

Falcons and Bears both need edge rushers. Hard to imagine all the teams picking 10-20 pass on that premium position with such a weak defensive class otherwise.

I would bet against it, rather heavily.

Lotto numbers pleaseeeee.

Lottery Lotto GIF

Best positional value out of our needs. We're missing TWO starting edges. We signed one. We paying Chubb big bucks to be irrelevant in '22, incur costly penalties and get injured down the stretch in '23, when he'll likely also miss most this next season.

DT in the 5th. Maybe trade up into the 3rd for one. We already brought a lot of bodies at iDL and we can bring more after the draft. Letting Wilkins go also shows how much we value the position.

WR late.
Wr. or TE IMO

The position is also high %. Even Charles Harris ended up looking decent in Detroit. As long as you stay away from drunk-non-scheme-fits like Deion Jordan, under disciplinarian coaches like Philbin, you should be alright.

WR late.

Though I agree that getting edge rusher would solve a lot of problems, sometimes overkill gets you championships.

Getting another quality WR or TE could help the team, besides right now getting an edge rusher also.might be an overkill if both our injured Edge players come back as early as some say.

The trouble with this strategy is that it is all about immediate gratification.

Draft an Edge that we might not really need... and who would be superfluous with the three vets ahead of him...
Then draft a Guard, a cheap position where we already have lots of applicants.

This is not a forward thinking draft plan. It's a 'I want it right now, and the guys we draft better be perfect immediately' plan.

I hope we avoid this plan.

WR late.
Doubt it. If Verse or Turner make it to Miami’s pick I can see it, but I doubt that happens. Latu has a risky injury history and Robinson isn’t worthy of being picked that high. Chances are Miami doesn’t take an edge player.

Though I agree that getting edge rusher would solve a lot of problems, sometimes overkill gets you championships.

Getting another quality WR or TE could help the team, besides right now getting an edge rusher also.might be an overkill if both our injured Edge players come back as early as some say.
If Chubb or Phillips aren’t ready, the offense will need to score 40 points per game, we need defensive help desperately, offense will get theirs..with current skill players, we need defensive line and offensive line help, like stat.

Back
Top Bottom