We're gonna pick an Edge at #21 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're gonna pick an Edge at #21

Doubt it. If Verse or Turner make it to Miami’s pick I can see it, but I doubt that happens. Latu has a risky injury history and Robinson isn’t worthy of being picked that high. Chances are Miami doesn’t take an edge player.
I totally agree. Also I think they will be a little skittish with LATU, being they just delt with a player (Easy E) missing the entire season due to a past neck injury.

Best positional value out of our needs. We're missing TWO starting edges. We signed one. We paying Chubb big bucks to be irrelevant in '22, incur costly penalties and get injured down the stretch in '23, when he'll likely also miss most this next season.

We don't immediately need a starting OT and iOL is a reach.

WR/TE/DB would be overkill.

We're going iOL in the second.

DT in the 5th. Maybe trade up into the 3rd for one. We already brought a lot of bodies at iDL and we can bring more after the draft. Letting Wilkins go also shows how much we value the position.

WR late.
If we go edge which I agree we could easily do, we go WR in round 2.

I think that's a good bet, unless those top three (Verse, Turner, Latu) are gone. I also wouldn't dismiss a corner.

Best positional value out of our needs. We're missing TWO starting edges. We signed one. We paying Chubb big bucks to be irrelevant in '22, incur costly penalties and get injured down the stretch in '23, when he'll likely also miss most this next season.

We don't immediately need a starting OT and iOL is a reach.

WR/TE/DB would be overkill.

We're going iOL in the second.

DT in the 5th. Maybe trade up into the 3rd for one. We already brought a lot of bodies at iDL and we can bring more after the draft. Letting Wilkins go also shows how much we value the position.

WR late.
Edge would be a good pick if the right one falls to us at 21. However, an Offensive Tackle, who could compete at left guard, and then play next to TA for one year and then replace him on the left side next year would be an excellent investment if the correct player is picked. So would a good edge defender. We’ll see how it goes, I think are probably right in terms of edge defender being the first choice over an olineman, just based on past history.

If you follow the dots or draft info about Miami's draft interest, you'll see a pattern.

They've only met with 2nd and 3rd tier offensive lineman, up to this point. Haven't been interviewing the top tier OT's and outside of JPJ, haven't shown any interest in any of the expected 1st rounders.

Miami has shown interest in lots of the DT prospects. There are reports of interest in the Dline prospects from, Baylor, LSU and Alabama as well as Newton from Illinois. Miami's Dline and Asst Dline coach have coached players from these schools. And Weaver appears to have a connection to Latu, the edge player from UCLA.

Miami has shown interest in a few TE's. More specifically in Erick All. Who's been to Team Headquarters.

Grier has shown interest in several of the DB's in this draft class. Cooper DeJean in particular. Also Elijah Jones from Boston College, whom Miami has a connection to.

Although they've been linked to WR's in F/A, it doesn't appear they've been linked to anyone other Worthy, whom coach McDaniel, shook hands with at pro day.

This might not mean anything, but than it could. All the fan and online speculation about various Oline, WR's and TE's hasn't been verified. Everything I've posted about above has been verified by either a Dolphins beat reporter or team insider.

To me it appears Miami has something other than an OLineman in round one, on its radar.

Last edited:
Drafting a players. Some will be ready and some will need time to adjust to speed and strength off nfl. They should trade down. if they can find partners. Gett More pick might be better this yr. Dolphins know who they want in draft.

Yes, all three.

And edge rusher will win all tie breakers against all positions (outside of QB) when all things are equal,

Id give up a 2025 third rounder to secure anyone of the three.
ok that’s good news in a way, because if those three go before us it increases the chances of Fautanu dropping.

ok that’s good news in a way, because if those three go before us it increases the chances of Fautanu dropping.

Hahaha, better luck with the edge rushers.

I feel ya, certain players look like ideal value at 21. I’m there with you. Going for all the same players.

You never know, just need that one guy to slip through. Would love to see a run on CBs.

But I wouldn’t mind if they used a third rounder to go get someone at like 16 and 17.

Back
Top Bottom