What we need to do get to the Superbowl this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What we need to do get to the Superbowl this year?

kcbrown

Life is what we make it.
Club Member
Reaction score
We all know, just getting to the playoffs is not enough.
Just winning one playoff game this year is not enough.
We need to get to the Superbowl.
In order to do that, the team needs to be healthy down the stretch....I don't know how to do that - if anyone does, please advise.

However, assuming we enter the playoffs healthy this year, and play a playoff game or two in mild weather, I like our chances.

Leading up the draft, this is what I think we need to do:

1) 1st Round - Draft a starting caliber Offensive Lineman (or stud DL);
2) 2nd Round Draft a stud DL for the rotation; OR, draft WR3 that has the skills & the moxie to win the #3 spot over Cracraft/Berrios/EZ.
3) Sign Calais Campbell - he's old yes, but he's a stud and would be a solid tall, rangy, beefy lineman to add to the rotation with the other guys. We need as many bodies in the trenches as possible - see last year.
4) MCD must run the ball more on 3rd & short;
5) Throw the ball to our TE's more (and throw to our RB's out of the backfield WAY more.)
6) Blitz more than Fangio did.

What are your thoughts on what we need to do draft wise/free agent wise/process wise - to get to (& win) the dance next year?

A combo of things. Stay healthy, and win the Division, to start. Then, our players have to play to their capability and McD has to create an O that can go elsewhere as opposed to Reek/Waddle when they take those guys out. And ofc drafting good and having oline play well and ofc the D with the new coord. Big things need to happen I want to start with winning the GD div though.

Troy Fautanu starting at guard

Xavier legette as our #3

Cam Smith to become our starting nickel

Tua only ran for three first downs, let’s reach for 10

Phillips and Chubb come back after week 4

Armstead stays healthy

Aaron brewer fits

Austin Jackson is a legit top 5 right tackle

Weaver actually uses Ramsey like a Swiss arm knife. Not like the last dude who didn’t care or was to narrow minded

I think I could keep going :)

We all know, just getting to the playoffs is not enough.
Just winning one playoff game this year is not enough.
We need to get to the Superbowl.
In order to do that, the team needs to be healthy down the stretch....I don't know how to do that - if anyone does, please advise.

However, assuming we enter the playoffs healthy this year, and play a playoff game or two in mild weather, I like our chances.

Leading up the draft, this is what I think we need to do:

2) 2nd Round Draft a stud DL for the rotation; OR, draft WR3 that has the skills & the moxie to win the #3 spot over Cracraft/Berrios/EZ.
3) Sign Calais Campbell - he's old yes, but he's a stud and would be a solid tall, rangy, beefy lineman to add to the rotation with the other guys. We need as many bodies in the trenches as possible - see last year.
5) Throw the ball to our TE's more (and throw to our RB's out of the backfield WAY more.)

What are your thoughts on what we need to do draft wise/free agent wise/process wise - to get to (& win) the dance next year?

Long time, man. You used to post here a lot more than you do presently. I hope all is well with you. Regarding your points:

I believe this will happen. Specifically OL. I stated in another post that I believe there will be an EDGE run between picks 10 and 20, and a stud OL will fall right into Miami's lap.

It depends on how the board falls. if Sweat or Legette is there at 51, I think we'll be happy.

Miami has signed depth at DT. I do not believe that...outside of the draft...there will be more acquisitions at the position; the reason I think this is because of the scheme I think Weaver will run. (I DON'T KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. THIS IS MY GUESS.) At DE, however, there is still some considerable talent unsigned that would be great in a rotation. Calais Campbell? Well, he's 125 years old. Actually, he's 37, and I wouldn't mind bringing him in at vet minimum. You know who else is still out there? Ogbah. He's still unsigned. So is Carl Lawson, Ngakoue, Bud Dupree, Shaq Lawson (who they had in for a visit), and...wait for it...our old friend Charles Harris.

I am considerably less concerned about this than I am about Miami running it almost every single time on 2nd and long after a 1st down incompletion in the second half of the season. But...yes, running it on 3rd and short should be more frequent.

Visit the Jonnu Smith thread. I believe Miami will.

100%. Not only did Fangio not blitz enough, he blitzed at extremely stupid times.

Last edited:
Long time, man. You used to post here a lot more than you do presently. I hope all is well with you. Regarding your points:

I believe this will happen. Specifically OL. I stated in another post that I believe there will be an EDGE run between picks 10 and 20, and a stud OL will fall right into Miami's lap.

It depends on how the board falls. if Sweat or Legette is there at 51, I think we'll be happy.

Miami has signed depth at DT. I do not believe that...outside of the draft...there will be more acquisitions at the position; the reason I think this is because of the scheme I think Weaver will run. (I DON'T KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. THIS IS MY GUESS.) At DE, however, there is still some considerable talent unsigned that would be great in a rotation. Calais Campbell? Well, he's 125 years old. Actually, he's 37, and I wouldn't mind bringing him in at vet minimum. You know who else is still out there? Ogbah. He's still unsigned. So is Carl Lawson, Ngakoue, Bud Dupree, Shaq Lawson (who they had in for a visit), and...wait for it...our old friend Charles Harris.

I am considerably less concerned about this than I am about Miami running it almost every single time on 2nd and long after a 1st down incompletion in the second half of the season. But...yes, running it on 3rd and short should be more frequent.

Visit the Jonnu Smith thread. I believe Miami will.

100%. Not only did Fangio not blitz enough, he blitzed at extremely stupid times.
Great response…agreed on all points…especially your point on bringing Ogbah back….for some reason that did not cross my mind at all…he may be a better fit in Weaver's scheme than Fangio's. I'd take Ogbah over Campbell…I'd bring in Carl Lawson too, I think he's still got juice (& he's also the son of my wife friend…good kid).

…definitely, long time…@TheGoat - everything is good thanks….hope all is well with you too brother.

Troy Fautanu starting at guard

Xavier legette as our #3

Cam Smith to become our starting nickel

Tua only ran for three first downs, let’s reach for 10

Phillips and Chubb come back after week 4

Armstead stays healthy

Aaron brewer fits

Austin Jackson is a legit top 5 right tackle

Weaver actually uses Ramsey like a Swiss arm knife. Not like the last dude who didn’t care or was to narrow minded

I think I could keep going :)

…love all of these…if I find out Cam Smith can ball & Fangio kept him down, I am going to be pissed.

Good point on Tua…I think we'll see him run more when we get close to the chains this year as well...

(He better slide though or he'll end up like Pat White…)

Stay healthy.

That's really it, if we are the healthiest team in January, we have the talent to win it all.

Thats It Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Back
Top Bottom