What we need to do get to the Superbowl this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What we need to do get to the Superbowl this year?

Three things...

Draft an Offensive Lineman that either starts immediately at Guard or seamlessly replaces Armstead when he's injured.

Draft a RB who is excellent at pass pro and outlet passes.

Obtain an X receiver so Tua has a target when his speed receivers are covered.

We all know, just getting to the playoffs is not enough.
Just winning one playoff game this year is not enough.
We need to get to the Superbowl.
In order to do that, the team needs to be healthy down the stretch....I don't know how to do that - if anyone does, please advise.

However, assuming we enter the playoffs healthy this year, and play a playoff game or two in mild weather, I like our chances.

Leading up the draft, this is what I think we need to do:

1) 1st Round - Draft a starting caliber Offensive Lineman (or stud DL);
2) 2nd Round Draft a stud DL for the rotation; OR, draft WR3 that has the skills & the moxie to win the #3 spot over Cracraft/Berrios/EZ.
3) Sign Calais Campbell - he's old yes, but he's a stud and would be a solid tall, rangy, beefy lineman to add to the rotation with the other guys. We need as many bodies in the trenches as possible - see last year.
4) MCD must run the ball more on 3rd & short;
5) Throw the ball to our TE's more (and throw to our RB's out of the backfield WAY more.)
6) Blitz more than Fangio did.

What are your thoughts on what we need to do draft wise/free agent wise/process wise - to get to (& win) the dance next year?
most of those things you want to do on offense could be accomplish if our OL is better and our OL can be better if we draft OL with our top pick.....nothing else will matter unless we do the first thing.

Not to be a Debbie downer but the MD were 1-6 against teams with a winning record last year. Not being “healthy” is not an excuse for all of those (game 4, 7, 9). Talking about needing a 2 seed and home games is kind of torturously funny after losing 2 home games down the stretch last year that would have in fact gotten us the 2 seed.

What do they need? A lot, quite a bit, however you want to put it. We need a really good draft in a big way for starters.

I think an awful lot of the FH brothers want to double down on what didn't work... for instance...

1) Drafting another undersized speed reciever (claiming that more speed could add to the speed we already have... and give better coverage when Hill or Waddle are injured).

2) Drafting another 1st round DT to replace the one that just left. (Claiming... I'm not sure exactly... umm... he'd be just like Wilkins and... investing in DTs puts us over the top?)

3) Drafting another CB or a Safety that likely wouldn't start... because, umm... I'm not sure how this one helps either. I guess they think a rookie would immediately be ahead of Cam Smith and Ethan Bonner.

I would think the way forward would be to improve the areas where we were unsuccessful...

1) O Line quality and depth.

2) Pass protection from our RBs and an ability to actually catch an outlet pass regularly.

3) Some size at WR.

4) Another Edge as every team rotates them.

So I guess I don't get it.

I think an awful lot of the FH brothers want to double down on what didn't work... for instance...

1) Drafting another undersized speed reciever (claiming that more speed could add to the speed we already have... and give better coverage when Hill or Waddle are injured).

2) Drafting another 1st round DT to replace the one that just left. (Claiming... I'm not sure exactly... umm... he'd be just like Wilkins and... investing in DTs puts us over the top?)

3) Drafting another CB or a Safety that likely wouldn't start... because, umm... I'm not sure how this one helps either. I guess they think a rookie would immediately be ahead of Cam Smith and Ethan Bonner.

I would think the way forward would be to improve the areas where we were unsuccessful...

1) O Line quality and depth.

2) Pass protection from our RBs and an ability to actually catch an outlet pass regularly.

3) Some size at WR.

4) Another Edge as every team rotates them.

So I guess I don't get it.
stop trying to make so much sense.....most people won’t get it.

Not to be a Debbie downer but the MD were 1-6 against teams with a winning record last year. Not being “healthy” is not an excuse for all of those (game 4, 7, 9). Talking about needing a 2 seed and home games is kind of torturously funny after losing 2 home games down the stretch last year that would have in fact gotten us the 2 seed.

What do they need? A lot, quite a bit, however you want to put it. We need a really good draft in a big way for starters.
damn that is true…not only did were we 1-6 vs good teams…we looked limp/inept/awful in those games….offense couldn't do a damn thing…now what was the key reason? Offensive line, play calling…?

…or basically we were just were not good enough. Not talented enough.

If we need "a lot...quite a bit" like you say, then we're not going far this year.

They cant even get the plays in from sideline on time. The red zone play calling in those games was terrible.
Having thoughts of making the Super Bowl is kind of pointless when they are 1-11 vs. Josh Allen and Buffalo.
Lets try to win the division and win 1 playoff game before talking anything else.

Build a time machine and travel back to 1972.

Short of that, good luck.

We had a top 3 roster last year and didn't win squat.
@EPBro I feel you

Me and the wife flew down for the Titans game last year….team was rolling….& the stadium was rocking in the 1st quarter...

It was a chilly night, the offense was not playing well at all but Seiler opened up with the fumble rumble in the end zone, so i figured we had the game in the bag…but minute by minute, the offense didn't do a damn thing…we just sat there and let Tennessee hang around…I think we only scored a couple times because we had a short field, TN turned the rock over…we could not sustain a long drive if our lives depended on it...

Middle/end of the 3rd….stadium was starting to get quieter than a mouse….wife was starting fall asleep in the stands cuz the Dolphins failed to do anything….

lo and behold - we lose the damn game - and it felt like the season was just down hill after that. You cannot lose a home game to the Titans at the end of the year, and expect to ball out in the playoffs….it was over.

I think the 2 biggest things are staying healthy and McD being a better play caller. I love Mike, but he gets to cute sometimes in his play calling. Take what the D is giving you instead of trying to force stuff.

They cant even get the plays in from sideline on time. The red zone play calling in those games was terrible.
Having thoughts of making the Super Bowl is kind of pointless when they are 1-11 vs. Josh Allen and Buffalo.
Lets try to win the division and win 1 playoff game before talking anything else.
embarrassing bro - Is the OC (or someone) going to help McD with this or what?

@EPBro I feel you

Me and the wife flew down for the Titans game last year….team was rolling….& the stadium was rocking in the 1st quarter...

It was a chilly night, the offense was not playing well at all but Seiler opened up with the fumble rumble in the end zone, so i figured we had the game in the bag…but minute by minute, the offense didn't do a damn thing…we just sat there and let Tennessee hang around…I think we only scored a couple times because we had a short field, TN turned the rock over…we could not sustain a long drive if our lives depended on it...

Middle/end of the 3rd….stadium was starting to get quieter than a mouse….wife was starting fall asleep in the stands cuz the Dolphins failed to do anything….

lo and behold - we lose the damn game - and it felt like the season was just down hill after that. You cannot lose a home game to the Titans at the end of the year, and expect to ball out in the playoffs….it was over.
100% the Titans game started the downfall.

Zero excuse for that game, poor, very poor coaching that night.

Then after that it was just injury after injury and Tua showing he can't put the team on his back when we need him most.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom