Who do you take? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you take?

I'd say currently Benito is third best after Sieler and Hand. But agree with our biggest loss being on the DL we need a talent upgrade there.
Right. Seiler is clearly the top DT. Benito and Hand competing, among others, for starting time opposite of Seiler. On paper, that's not very good.

Maybe Weaver goes more 3-4?

Right. Seiler is clearly the top DT. Benito and Hand competing, among others, for starting time opposite of Seiler. On paper, that's not very good.

Maybe Weaver goes more 3-4?
I think we'll run a scheme similar to Balt which is a 3-4. Benito would play NT based on current personnel and the two outside of him whether they were playing 3 or 5 technique would be Sieler and Hand. IMO, Gallimore, and Harrison are not as good as Hand. The latter just needs to stay healthy and he could be a solid contributor. The only other pure NT currently is Pili, which is why I was hoping John Jenkins would be signed too, but he chose to stay in Las Vegas.

I think we'll run a scheme similar to Balt which is a 3-4. Benito would play NT based on current personnel and the two outside of him whether they were playing 3 or 5 technique would be Sieler and Hand. IMO, Gallimore, and Harrison are not as good as Hand. The latter just needs to stay healthy and he could be a solid contributor. The only other pure NT currently is Pili, which is why I was hoping John Jenkins would be signed too, but he chose to stay in Las Vegas.
And it looks like Miami could be better at linebacker, especially when Phillips and Chubb return.

I would look to trade down with the 21st pick and see if we can pick up a 3rd. There will still be good options available in the late 20s.

Tyler Guyton is a similar prospect to Adarius Mims if we want to select a LT who can also play LG as a rookie.

I would look to trade down with the 21st pick and see if we can pick up a 3rd. There will still be good options available in the late 20s.

Tyler Guyton is a similar prospect to Adarius Mims if we want to select a LT who can also play LG as a rookie.
Guyton has only 70 LT snaps in college. He has 1,011 RT snaps. He may be an RT only prospect. OU had Walter Rouse as a three year starter at LT and he is also in this draft. No one talks about him but he was good enough to keep Guyton at RT.
Mims in his limited playing time was a RT too. It is a projection to say either could be a future LT and a huge projection to say either could be a starting LG as a rookie. Neither one has a single guard snap in college.

Anyone bar a WR with the first. Mims/Latu - either one will be good.

As it stands I have very little confidence in our line.
Armstead injury prone
Wynn ditto
Brewer small and unknown in our system.
R.G bunch of body's
A.J 1 decent season.
We have no stud player.
Last season we had Hunt and Williams to count on.
I love the speed but we can't go into the season with this line .

OL/DL or Brock Bowers

Dont waste a first rounder on a WR unless you are trading away Waddle or Hill to get Harrison.

Fix the damn trenches already, we have enough speed.
I couldn't agree more. Bowers falling to 21 is something that would be amazing but he'll get gobbled up in the first 15 picks I'd say. There's a lot of DL and OL talent in this draft. We can do ourselves a lot of good if we just do what you so eloquently said, "fix the damn trenches already." It's time, bring in some monsters, some huge, tough killer athletes. Build a Dline that's like a wall, announcers should say it's tough sledding trying to run on these Dolphins. I also want to hear, look at all the time Tua has in the pocket!!

Guyton has only 70 LT snaps in college. He has 1,011 RT snaps. He may be an RT only prospect. OU had Walter Rouse as a three year starter at LT and he is also in this draft. No one talks about him but he was good enough to keep Guyton at RT.
Mims in his limited playing time was a RT too. It is a projection to say either could be a future LT and a huge projection to say either could be a starting LG as a rookie. Neither one has a single guard snap in college.
This is 100% correct. I think projecting either Mims or Guyton to play meaningful snaps this year is fool's gold, yet fans, especially in the case of Mims, keep making this mistake.
This idea that a college tackle can automatically transition to guard in the pros is not reality.

As it stands I have very little confidence in our line.
Armstead injury prone
Wynn ditto
Brewer small and unknown in our system.
R.G bunch of body's
A.J 1 decent season.
We have no stud player.
Last season we had Hunt and Williams to count on.
I love the speed but we can't go into the season with this line .
Ok, but we have better OL coaching and some depth not to mention months to fortify this line. Taking an OL at #21 or even with first two picks doesn't guarantee we'll have a better OL. It often takes rookie linemen awhile to get used to the play speed and strength of opposing D-linemen and Edge rushers.
I think more OL is coming after 6/1 and we will spend one of the first two picks on an IOL.

I trust that this staff knows they can work with Aaron Brewer and will scheme to maximize his strengths and minimize the times he'll be overpowered by large DTs.

As much as I like Williams and Hunt (and Wynn) they were banged up a lot last year. Much of the fate of an OL is luck, keeping your line healthy and benefiting from continuity. We didn't have that last year but imo even with 12 or 13 different line combos we had a line who could pass and run block. Much of this was coaching and schemes but we did see better play from AJ and Eichenberg. Imo, Miami had horrible OL coaching and development in the past and hopefully we've turned the corner there but how many times did Miami invest high picks or free agent dollars on linemen at the expense of better players at other positions?

This team still has lots of needs and can't focus solely on their OL, especially in the draft. Fans have to realize that their HC and GM aren't as obsessed with putting five first round picks on the OL as they are.

For everyone who says "we have enough speed" did you miss the games when Waddle and/or Hill were not available? They are the focal point of this team and offense and are both used in many ways that will expose them to big hits. Throw in Waddle's upcoming free agency and Hill's off the field adventures and you realize taking a WR, especially one with more size and a different skill set than WR1 or 2, is a pretty good idea in this draft.

I'm not saying Miami will definitely do it but if they do (and the value at WR for pick #21 matches up) I would be on board. You can make the argument that that player, even in a third down role, would contribute faster and more than a rookie OL would.

Back
Top Bottom