Dave Hyde On The Implosion Of The AFC East And What It Means For The Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave Hyde On The Implosion Of The AFC East And What It Means For The Dolphins

They have the 2nd most wins in the NFL since 2020. Allen’s playoff numbers are as good as they get. How many times have we beat them since Allen has been playing?
And they’ve been eliminated in the 2nd round every year. If their fans our like ours then I bet they want to fire everyone and trade josh Allen for penix

They have the 2nd most wins in the NFL since 2020. Allen’s playoff numbers are as good as they get. How many times have we beat them since Allen has been playing?
And they’ve been eliminated in the 2nd round every year. If their fans our like ours then I bet they want to fire everyone and trade josh Allen for penix

Lol, literally half the board. 🤣😂

No undefeated season? No Super Bowl win? We weren’t #1 on offense and defense? Fire everyone and burn the stadium down!

Diggs was the only weapon that was feared on Buffalo. Tbh, I didn’t think they were good last year. You’re not going anywhere when you turn the ball over like that. Now their defense is gutted, they have no weapons and a suspect coach that will likely be fired.
they destroyed us at their house, embarrassing performance, can’t hide from that, and beat us at home with everything on the line.

Our team players and coaches have a lot to prove.

Have to like the giddy optimism but the team closest to beating KC has been the Bills. The team the Dolphins can’t ever seem to beat is the Bills. Everyone is picking who will win the AFC East this year, the Bills. If’s, and’s or buts don’t get it done, Miami actually has to do something on the field outside of September. 1-6 against teams with a winning record isn’t doing something. And you can’t blame injuries for that ineptitude, it was just ineptitude whether early season, middle or late.

Have to like the giddy optimism but the team closest to beating KC has been the Bills. The team the Dolphins can’t ever seem to beat is the Bills. Everyone is picking who will win the AFC East this year, the Bills. If’s, and’s or buts don’t get it done, Miami actually has to do something on the field outside of September. 1-6 against teams with a winning record isn’t doing something. And you can’t blame injuries for that ineptitude, it was just ineptitude whether early season, middle or late.
They can be the favorites right now, I'll agree they probably are but when we're this far away from rosters being finalized, I'd say it's very much a 3 horse race w Buf and NYJ.

The 4th horse broke his leg and has been shot in NE.... something we can all enjoy any time of year.

Closest to beating kc 3 years ago dude. Look at what you just said. They haven’t been close to anything since then. In the last 5 games against them we have played them down to the last min except for one game. Bills fans our probably more pissed than dolphin fans right now because they totally blew their opportunity. We still have a shot

Hyde’s lost his fastball. I’m just sick of the constant negativity. We’re in the midst of the best dolphin era of football this century. Maybe some need to adjust their expectations because this team isn’t going undefeated. Let’s enjoy the ride. We’re building a winning culture and if we can be good enough to host a few playoff games we are in a good position to make the afc championship and anything can happen.
i do not need to defend hyde, frankly could care less. but his article referenced in the OP was very positive about the dolphins and their chances of winning the division

i do not need to defend hyde, frankly could care less. but his article referenced in the OP was very positive about the dolphins and their chances of winning the division
Did you really believe ppl would actually read it before commenting?

It's kind of sad how ppl hold a grudge for years because someone said something with which they disagreed, or had an opinion that wasn't completely positive.

They can be the favorites right now, I'll agree they probably are but when we're this far away from rosters being finalized, I'd say it's very much a 3 horse race w Buf and NYJ.

The 4th horse broke his leg and has been shot in NE.... something we can all enjoy any time of year.
Agree.
Roster not finalized- Yes. But we have a small number of higher picks (2). We need to really hit on the draft with our picks (and UDFAs). Due to the small number of picks we still need some FAs.

Pats a dead horse - Hopefully correct as we need to sweep at least one team in the east to be 4-2. A 5-1 record would be stronger for play off seeding. C. J. Stroud sure helped Texas as a rookie. Drafting a QB with that type of first year could change the Pats record.

Have you seen Josh Allen's production in the last half of the season? The defense saved their ass... Acting like Diggs isn't a loss is delusional...

In the last 8 games, Allen had a rating over 90 3 times and a rating under 70 3 times... And they lost 2 games in that stretch...
If Miami's QB had those numbers the forum GM's and bloggers/youtube loggers would trade the bum and draft the next Jamarcus or Vince Young.

Buffalo will have to rely on Allen a little more to win games early on in the season, I believe that the fins got a little better on defense to counteract that running that Allen does. Play calling, and injuries hurt them in the last 7 games last season with Achane going down really affected how the team called plays, hopefully they can outscore the opponents but also be able to stop them in critical situations, as good as the defense was at times it liked discipline in it's Linebacking group to cover the TE, if the fins just improve in these areas of the team they should hard to deal with.

Diggs was the only weapon that was feared on Buffalo. Tbh, I didn’t think they were good last year. You’re not going anywhere when you turn the ball over like that. Now their defense is gutted, they have no weapons and a suspect coach that will likely be fired.

I'm not going to argue BUFF isn't a good team, but how good? Who did they beat? KC by scoring 20. DAL, a team a depleted MIA beat. Tampa. Sorry, I don't count PIT. JA is their weapon to date. The D is good, but changes may affect that.
Yes, I expect BUF to win the AFC-E, and no one knows who will be added by game 1, but I don't think they will win 'with ease.'

All good questions.

So many making statements. Tua to Hill is still the deadliest thing in an NFL offense. That's all I know.

Who knows what the future has to offer? I know it's underrated how much we stabbed ourselves in the foot last year be it penalties, play-calling, game management.

A couple of tweaks here, more Achanes to the house there... who knows?

New, hungry D coordinator... who knows? No risk in hoping... praying.

Assuming Miami drafts a solid OLman, this season will come down to Weaver and Mcd (as OC). I'll throw in the expected return date of Chubb, Phillips.

Back
Top Bottom