DT Teair Tart is signing with the Dolphins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT Teair Tart is signing with the Dolphins

It sounds like the only knock on him was his effort. Hopefully we have the players here that would drive him to not do that. One veteran like Chubb getting in his @$$ hopefully would eliminate that.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said on his weekly WSVN-Fox 7 segment on Sunday that defensive tackle Teair Tart turned down significantly more money elsewhere to sign with the Dolphins. Tart, who attended FIU, could end up starting at nose tackle (Benito Jones is the competition).
Interesting.

It sounds like the only knock on him was his effort. Hopefully we have the players here that would drive him to not do that. One veteran like Chubb getting in his @$$ hopefully would eliminate that.
Cursory glances also are snap counts. He doesn't appear to have high snap counts in any games, over his entire career. I took a preliminary look at him in the Miami-Ten game and I'm a bit concerned about his snap counts and the fact that he had extreme trouble beating f*cking Eichenberg of all people. Jones absolutely shut him down 1-1 as well. He wasn't even doubled much in our game. Really not seeing what people are excited about this pickup other than he's a big.

Cursory glances also are snap counts. He doesn't appear to have high snap counts in any games, over his entire career. I took a preliminary look at him in the Miami-Ten game and I'm a bit concerned about his snap counts and the fact that he had extreme trouble beating f*cking Eichenberg of all people. Jones absolutely shut him down 1-1 as well. He wasn't even doubled much in our game. Really not seeing what people are excited about this pickup other than he's a big.
Agree!

Tart is a 2 down run stuffer.

Anyone complaining about his snap counts or sack totals is totally unclear on the concept of his role... possibly deliberately.

He is an early down rotational lineman.

Tart is a 2 down run stuffer.

Anyone complaining about his snap counts or sack totals is totally unclear on the concept of his role... possibly deliberately.

He is an early down rotational lineman.
Do you want us to draft a pass rushing DT ? Or will we just use our DT rotation and let Seiler attack?

Do you want us to draft a pass rushing DT ? Or will we just use our DT rotation and let Seiler attack?
If there were a slam dunk pass rushing DT, then I'd be all for it, but honestly... I don't see one.

Oh, there are a couple who might work out... but an elite prospect? ...and that's what a true pass rushing DT is, elite. These guys are unicorns, they are few and far between.

I think a lot of people are projecting their WANTS on to the DTs who are available. Seeing what they wish was there, instead of what was. Because, let's be honest, if the scouts around the league judged ANY of these DTs to be an elite pass rusher, they'd be a top 8 pick... they are THAT rare.

If there were a slam dunk pass rushing DT, then I'd be all for it, but honestly... I don't see one.

Oh, there are a couple who might work out... but an elite prospect? ...and that's what a true pass rushing DT is, elite. These guys are unicorns, they are few and far between.

I think a lot of people are projecting their WANTS on to the DTs who are available. Seeing what they wish was there, instead of what was. Because, let's be honest, if the scouts around the league judged ANY of these DTs to be an elite pass rusher, they'd be a top 8 pick... they are THAT rare.
Murphy isn't enough of a pass rusher for you?

Back
Top Bottom