DT Teair Tart is signing with the Dolphins | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT Teair Tart is signing with the Dolphins

Agreed... neither Tart, nor Jones is gonna give us much pass rush. These guys are there to soak up the double teams.
I've said this several times, I REALLY like both players. They won't generate stats, but they will just completely clog up the middle of the field and let our more athletic players clean up.

Our LBs are going to love these guys.
Just posted the same thing about the linebackers right before I read your post.

I changed my mind about Latu.....too many injuries so he's off my board btw
So similar to Phillips, even with the injury concerns. That might be what drops him to Miami.

Grier gambles on injuries quite often so we shall see.

So similar to Phillips, even with the injury concerns. That might be what drops him to Miami.

Grier gambles on injuries quite often so we shall see.
oh yeah, grier loves injured players which is a bad habit .....you make an exception for Phillips but you keep doing that and you'll end up with a team full of exceptions

oh yeah, grier loves injured players which is a bad habit .....you make an exception for Phillips but you keep doing that and you'll end up with a team full of exceptions
I agree. The list is pretty long including Tua, Armstead, Phillips, Chubb. Even Waddle was coming off an injury, although unfair to say he's injury prone.

Those players have missed significant time too, with the exception of Waddle.

Agreed... neither Tart, nor Jones is gonna give us much pass rush. These guys are there to soak up the double teams.
I've said this several times, I REALLY like both players. They won't generate stats, but they will just completely clog up the middle of the field and let our more athletic players clean up.

I'm just stunned how much sense you make these days.

If you were a draft prospect, they'd say you were a late-bloomer ... a very late-bloomer, but a late-bloomer nonetheless.

Ok, so where's the interior pass rush going to come from? Sieler was working next to one of the best pass rushing DT's in the game who is now in LV. Grier has signed a bunch of JAG's, some can probably do well against the run, although I dispute your point about Benito Jones being a quality starter. None of these guys have shown much pass rush ability.
Fins would do well to consider Murphy or Newton at 21. They are the best pass rushing DTs in this draft by a big margin, but you already knew that

I don't know where Tart fell-off, but there were times in Tennessee when this guy looked like a future star and centerpiece of their defense. Quite a force in the middle.

Great signing.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said on his weekly WSVN-Fox 7 segment on Sunday that defensive tackle Teair Tart turned down significantly more money elsewhere to sign with the Dolphins. Tart, who attended FIU, could end up starting at nose tackle (Benito Jones is the competition).

Back
Top Bottom