Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who?

If WR Is The Pick @ 21...Who?

• Total voters
It's just turning into cliches and platitudes at this point. "we're never going to be any good until we fix the line". "we need more beef up front" It's tiresome and probably not what your team will do at the top of the draft.

Get a guard in the 5th or 6th and after the draft and you're good.

There's not one person in here who can tell us much about Aaron Brewer or how he's going to play. Do you know what system he played in at Tennessee or who was surrounding him. How many sacks were the result of breakdowns by the guards around him or the QB holding the ball too long. He did play with Tannehill who some of you remember had the pocket presence of a hippo and some very inexperienced QBs in Willis and Levis.

I think Mc D has a plan on how to work with Brewer's strengths and weaknesses and is smart enough to know what he wants in a center.
One could argue the injury at C had the bigger impact then the WR room being banged up...

You have a QB who can't take punishment or create off script.

Call it whatever you want, facts are facts.

One could argue the injury at C had the bigger impact then the WR room being banged up...

You have a QB who can't take punishment or create off script.

Call it whatever you want, facts are facts.
It's a flip answer... but why not both?

By the end of the season, our line was in shambles and both of our WRs were hobbled... then we got sent to the snow.

I'd rather not choose WR at 21, but if Brian Thomas is somehow still there then that's a hard player to ignore.

If the Dolphins trade back toward the end of the 1st or top of the 2nd then either of the Texas guys would be interesting additions (though I believe Mitchell is more of a complete player)

If the Dolphins use their first pick on a WR, that all but confirms that Tyreek is no longer a Dolphin after the 2025 season -- whether through retirement or release.

If the Dolphins use their first pick on a WR, that all but confirms that Tyreek is no longer a Dolphin after the 2025 season -- whether through retirement or release.
I believe that's a foregone conclusion, regardless.

It's just turning into cliches and platitudes at this point. "we're never going to be any good until we fix the line". "we need more beef up front" It's tiresome and probably not what your team will do at the top of the draft.

Get a guard in the 5th or 6th and after the draft and you're good.

There's not one person in here who can tell us much about Aaron Brewer or how he's going to play. Do you know what system he played in at Tennessee or who was surrounding him. How many sacks were the result of breakdowns by the guards around him or the QB holding the ball too long. He did play with Tannehill who some of you remember had the pocket presence of a hippo and some very inexperienced QBs in Willis and Levis.

I think Mc D has a plan on how to work with Brewer's strengths and weaknesses and is smart enough to know what he wants in a center.
Those same people largely think Eichenberg and Isaiah Wynn suck and Austin Jackson is average. It apparently does not impact their thinking that Jackson and Wynn were both first round picks, and Eichenberg was a second round pick. Somehow another first or second round pick will be the solution.

I’m not against taking an OL in the first round this year, but I don’t see it as a big need for the 2024 football team. In my mind it’d be a pick for the future.

And anyway, on the OL, scheme fit is more important than talent. Scheme fit for a zone scheme with a QB who gets rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds is as easy a scheme to fit as you’re going to find in the NFL. We basically just need athletic OL who are smart enough to consistently block the right guy. With how our offense operates, as long as they get in between the right defender and Tua/the ball carrier, it doesn’t even really matter how long they hold the block.

That would work. Who do we trade back with and what player do they want at #21?

Eagles, Packers and Lions.....A CB.

Eagles make a lot of sense if there is competition for pick 21, as they pick 22, 50 and 53, as well as 161, 171 and 172. The interesting part is that the Eagles only have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year so they should be in the market for 2025 assets, which we'll have plenty of, while we are depleted this year. Even though its not a significant move, I'd like to swap our 55th pick for their 50th pick, as well as swapping 21 for 22. In addition picking up one of those 5th rounders this year just for a little extra capitol.

It'll only really happen if Green Bay or Detroit wants the CB the Eagles covet, which appears to be Wiggins from Clemson, although that could all be a smokescreen. A run on CB's in the teens would really benefit us immensely, both for a potential trade down and just staying put at 21 and getting "our guy" (which should be an OL or DL).

Back
Top Bottom