Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who?

If WR Is The Pick @ 21...Who?

• Total voters
Right. But it's a different strategy. The WR doesn't need to come in and contribute immediately. OBJ post June 1 will probably be that move for WR3 or Boyd. Rookie WR (probably Thomas) would be able to come in at his speed and contribute whenever. Hill and Waddle are only on the field together 40% of the time, so plenty of ways to get snaps and make a difference depending upon how he's coming along.

With DE, once Chubb and Phillips are back, you now burned a #1 on a DE who is buried on the depth chart.
Perhaps, but in the long term if it's a choice between giving Waddle OR Phillips a big, long term deal, I'm going with Waddle and letting Phillips go. Good player, but not elite and will command a big contract.

Are you looking at only one year, or planning ahead?

There's no reason a good edge player would have to be relegated to the bench. You can rotate there too. Beyond that, counting on both Phillips and Chubb to return to 100% any time, let alone early in the season may not be wise.

It's far easier to get a decent #3 receiver than a good edge pass rusher.

I would rather take a good edge or Tackle prospect in rd1, and receiver in rd2.

As long as the player they pick is a stud, not going to complain too much, regardless of position.

Perhaps, but in the long term if it's a choice between giving Waddle OR Phillips a big, long term deal, I'm going with Waddle and letting Phillips go. Good player, but not elite and will command a big contract.

There's no reason a good edge player would have to be relegated to the bench. You can rotate there too. Beyond that, counting on both Phillips and Chubb to return to 100% any time, let alone early in the season may not be wise.

As long as the player they pick is a stud, not going to complain too much, regardless of position.
I'm all in on this year. We are still the beneficiary of Hill playing in cheat code mode so whatever helps that side of the ball the most is what I want as it's where our bread is buttered. Level up last year's offense and even with a simply not bad defense we should be in get running for the Tiffany's football...

That is possible, but then you are assuming that it was his intent to install a carbon copy to begin with. I have seen no evidence of that, and even if true, you can't install any scheme if you don't have the horses for it.

Honestly, I keep vacillating between McD installing a duplicate on the Niners scheme and something like McVay has done.

The Rams have IMO a more wide open version of the Shanahan system.

I will not opine on LaFleur's version.

p.s. I try never to "assume" ... we all know what happens then /s

I'm all in on this year. We are still the beneficiary of Hill playing in cheat code mode so whatever helps that side of the ball the most is what I want as it's where our bread is buttered. Level up last year's offense and even with a simply not bad defense we should be in get running for the Tiffany's football...
Fair enough.

I don't ascribe to the "all in" theory. Too many unforeseeable factors to make it a wise bet. I think the better way to go is consistency over a multi year time frame, giving you more than one unlike opportunity.

Right. But it's a different strategy. The WR doesn't need to come in and contribute immediately. OBJ post June 1 will probably be that move for WR3 or Boyd. Rookie WR (probably Thomas) would be able to come in at his speed and contribute whenever. Hill and Waddle are only on the field together 40% of the time, so plenty of ways to get snaps and make a difference depending upon how he's coming along.

With DE, once Chubb and Phillips are back, you now burned a #1 on a DE who is buried on the depth chart.

Let me play Devil's advocate ....

“By far, in football, my favorite position is D-line and edge,” McDaniel said on Thursday. “I think they can be the most impactful players on the field outside of the quarterback because they dictate the terms the quarterback is able to play on and they establish the line of scrimmage.”

Let me play Devil's advocate ....

“By far, in football, my favorite position is D-line and edge,” McDaniel said on Thursday. “I think they can be the most impactful players on the field outside of the quarterback because they dictate the terms the quarterback is able to play on and they establish the line of scrimmage.”

The thing is, anyone including McD would readily acknowledge it isn't that simple. Awesome to have a great D front, but if the secondary blows it matters not.

Not saying I'm against picking an edge in rd1, just that, as with everything, context matters.

what would you suggest then? Eich's best position is RG......if Wynn or Driscoll can beat him for the job then I'm fine with that too but other than that, I'm all ears
That’s his best position for sure but he still sucks. I would suggest to land a better option at FA after the draft if we are not filling that spot with a drafted rookie on 1st or 2nd round. We must improve our interior OL or else I just don’t see our offense getting the necessary points against top teams.

That’s his best position for sure but he still sucks. I would suggest to land a better option at FA after the draft if we are not filling that spot with a drafted rookie on 1st or 2nd round. We must improve our interior OL or else I just don’t see our offense getting the necessary points against top teams.
You’re preaching to the choir ......I'm banging the table for OL with our top pick

I don't disagree.

Good luck getting the ball to any receiver unless you have more interior beef.

New C can't anchor, Wynn, Jones, Eich?

Trade back for more resources at positions of need.

Or that luxury 3rd WR sure will look good for the next regime.
It's just turning into cliches and platitudes at this point. "we're never going to be any good until we fix the line". "we need more beef up front" It's tiresome and probably not what your team will do at the top of the draft.

Get a guard in the 5th or 6th and after the draft and you're good.

There's not one person in here who can tell us much about Aaron Brewer or how he's going to play. Do you know what system he played in at Tennessee or who was surrounding him. How many sacks were the result of breakdowns by the guards around him or the QB holding the ball too long. He did play with Tannehill who some of you remember had the pocket presence of a hippo and some very inexperienced QBs in Willis and Levis.

I think Mc D has a plan on how to work with Brewer's strengths and weaknesses and is smart enough to know what he wants in a center.

He's bigger... and I think he's stronger as well. He's my #1 OT in the draft.
We're pulling Fever Dream's "Draft Guru" badge if he thinks Latham is the number one OT in the draft. I think he needs to look at the Michigan tape, especially the last drive.

Back
Top Bottom