New offseason training for Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New offseason training for Tua

Right, so just another childish jab, for no other reason but to be childish. Got it.
It's not a childish jab at all. It's business as usual in the pro sports world. When a player is seeking a contract extension or a new contract, they're suddenly "in the best shape of his life." Every time. lol

It's just the general narrative around Tua this particular off-season. He's hired a personal QB coach. He's working on new footwork to make himself for mobile. Now he's going to be training with 3DQB.

All of these things coincide with the off-season he's expected to get a big contract extension. It's the typical "<player> is in the best shape of his life" PR speak. The quote is from "source" and might as well be directly from Tua's agent. Last off-season, it was "he's learning kung-fu to help with taking falls." 😆
and it was successful. I saw him take a few hits last year where he just rolled right up on his feet. Didn't have that before

and it was successful. I saw him take a few hits last year where he just rolled right up on his feet. Didn't have that before
I agree, that was legit. And he is getting better. I've just learned to filter out these stories and updates when a player is up for a big contract extension. They make nice off-season stories and headlines, and there's also an element of this that is meant to drive fan interest in seeing a player like Tua signed long term. It definitely doesn't help if a sizable contingency of the fanbase doesn't care or even wants Tua to go to another team.

It's just the general narrative around Tua this particular off-season. He's hired a personal QB coach. He's working on new footwork to make himself for mobile. Now he's going to be training with 3DQB.

All of these things coincide with the off-season he's expected to get a big contract extension. It's the typical "<player> is in the best shape of his life" PR speak. The quote is from "source" and might as well be directly from Tua's agent. Last off-season, it was "he's learning kung-fu to help with taking falls." 😆
The guy pushes himself all offseason each offseason to get better. You deserve Cleo Lemon...

It's not a childish jab at all. It's business as usual in the pro sports world. When a player is seeking a contract extension or a new contract, they're suddenly "in the best shape of his life." Every time. lol
He was in the best shape of his life last offseason. Guess that doesn't count?

He was in the best shape of his life last offseason. Guess that doesn't count?
It counts. Everything counts for something. I haven't been overly negative about Tua. I am realistic, however, and I've been honest about this team's prospects should they extend Tua at one of those exorbitant amounts that has been floated around in the press.

At the end of the day, what will happen will happen. And this is the off-season of broadcasting Tua's off-season. I've seen it with countless other stars for my sports teams. I still think the world of Freddie Freeman, but he was in the best shape of his life before he signed with the Dodgers. 😆

Tua has done a lot in every off season to improve. To suggest it is only for money is a bit childish.
Nobody said that. The "insert player's name here" would indicate a generic quote that might be used by any random agent (as stated in the post) rather than a "specific" player.

Nobody can argue an agent's job, among other things, is to get the most $ possible for their clients. Any agent would say anything positive that they could, both publicly and in negotiations to reinforce value.

This defensiveness has really gone over the top. It's like ppl are defending their own children.

Last edited:

I mean rookie year was abound rehabbing, year 2 Flores wanted him to bulk up against his camps will, year 3 was probably the best shape but concussions then year 4 bulking back up.

Somehow I’m finding it hard to believe Tua’s agent, who’s probably fighting for one of the largest contracts in nfl history is leaking information to a guy on X with only 25k followers and a baby in a baby carrier as his pfp. No offense to him those are great numbers for an amateur guy but again your theory of his source being Tua’s agent is maybe the craziest thing I’ve seen on here since the “Zach Thomas to safety”thread

Guys remember we are rooting for Tua.

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I don't think you know how quotes work. That's twice in this thread you're poking fun at a narrative put forth by Tua's agent that doesn't exist.

Nobody said that. The "insert player's name here" would indicate a generic quote that might be used by any random agent (as stated in the post) rather than a "specific" player.

Nobody can argue an agent's job, among other things, is to get the most $ possible for their clients. Any agent would say anything positive that they could, both publicly and in negotiations to reinforce value.

This defensiveness has really gone over the top. It's like ppl are defending their own children.
I hear you, however contextually it is in this thread. It was not a shot at the poster, but anyone who thinks Tua is just doing this for more money. He has spent his own money every offseason to target ways to improve....and he has.

Back
Top Bottom