New offseason training for Tua | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New offseason training for Tua

He training w Jeff Beck? Now his whole guitar on stage thing a few months back makes sense
It's widely known around the league that Tua has friends over on the reg to blaze fatties and listen to him jam with Darrius Rucker. Tua apperently has the best **** around
half baked smoking GIF

I'd rather he be training with Chris Weinke and Jordan Palmer, two guys who have been there and done that.
Weinke and Palmer sucked just as bad as Beck in the NFL.

They all had great throwing motions and feet though. Which is what all of them are teaching. None of them are teaching how to read a defense.

I’ve been to a few prof clinics in La and Virginia and have studied the philosophies of some of these Qb coaches.

It’s kind of similar to swing theory and the plane of the swing in golf.

Imo I don’t think there’s much to do in the throwing mechanics dept for Tua, kind of like Marino in that regard where your not gonna tweak anything because it’s so natural, and just perfect for lack of a better word, the accuracy and the quickness is already there, you don’t want to tweak something that has been perfected in a natural way, and we know that Tua has the fastest release in the game, and he’s the most innately accurate Qb in the game, the mechanics for which he throws a football is set up for that type of speed and accuracy, it’s practically built into the mechanics.

So, we’re left with core strength and footwork, these are the areas for which Tua can improve.

When you talk core strength, there are many reasons why I’ve been against the strategy of Tua gaining bad weight to combat his concussions theory, it’s just plain bad advice from people who don’t quite understand the genetics part of his physique.

Gaining weight and gaining core strength couldn’t be more toxic for each other.

You can gradually build muscle mass, gradually lose fat at the same time, you change the ratio over time by building solid lean muscle while building that core strength you speak of.

That equally added core strength, added muscle, and if done right, you have added speed and agility. We’re only talking about a few lbs of pure muscle every year doing it that way, which is always the right way for a pro athlete.

So what your trying to create in Tua is a better body fat percentage, resulting in quickness and speed, while using some core strength principles in the process, which will create a faster, stronger, a qb with more velocity, without adding bad fat, which he absolutely did last year.
I agree with this to an extent. That being said, I think his feet can get pretty offset from his base when he's moving in the pocket. Fix that and the velocity will increase a ton on those off scripted throws.

Weinke and Palmer sucked just as bad as Beck in the NFL.

They all had great throwing motions and feet though. Which is what all of them are teaching. None of them are teaching how to read a defense.

I was being sarcastic

Is the yearly videos of offseason training habits of QBs a normal thing nowadays or a "Tua" thing only? It seems every year we get personal video of Tua working on footwork, deep balls, timing, etc. I don't recall it with Tannehill and of course, Marino was pre-social media.

It's just the general narrative around Tua this particular off-season. He's hired a personal QB coach. He's working on new footwork to make himself for mobile. Now he's going to be training with 3DQB.

All of these things coincide with the off-season he's expected to get a big contract extension. It's the typical "<player> is in the best shape of his life" PR speak. The quote is from "source" and might as well be directly from Tua's agent. Last off-season, it was "he's learning kung-fu to help with taking falls." 😆
He needs to drop 20 lbs

I think we can all agree, Tua needs to learn "when" and "how" to run. It is an aspect of his game that if he improves can make the offense that more dangerous.
Facts.

#1 PFF graded running QB in 2023: Brock Purdy
#41 (last) graded running QB in 2023: Tua Tagovailoa

I'm not saying PFF is 100%, but can anybody argue that? He had the season he had all on his arm, and while I much prefer a stellar pocket QB, that QB still has to be able to threat his legs to be considered cream of the crop. When a defense can completely dismiss the QB as a run threat, its that much easier for them to cover targets...this isn't some wild new theory, and it's not rocket surgery. When we played good teams, you saw the result...offense was a shell of itself.

He's also working with the guys at Perform to shed weight and get faster (YESSUR!), and from recent appearances/pictures, its already showing he is slimming down from last year.

Facts.

#1 PFF graded running QB in 2023: Brock Purdy
#41 (last) graded running QB in 2023: Tua Tagovailoa

I'm not saying PFF is 100%, but can anybody argue that? He had the season he had all on his arm, and while I much prefer a stellar pocket QB, that QB still has to be able to threat his legs to be considered cream of the crop. When a defense can completely dismiss the QB as a run threat, its that much easier for them to cover targets...this isn't some wild new theory, and it's not rocket surgery. When we played good teams, you saw the result...offense was a shell of itself.

He's also working with the guys at Perform to shed weight and get faster (YESSUR!), and from recent appearances/pictures, its already showing he is slimming down from last year.
👍

Back
Top Bottom