Reworked and refined throwing by Tua | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reworked and refined throwing by Tua

So, anytime Tua sh!ts the bed when a play breaks down, it's always someone else's fault. Got it.

Like fck, use your brain. Clearly, it's not Tua's fault when he faces pressure because the OL can't sustain their blocks. With that said, there are times where QBs aren't going to have everything go perfectly for them every play and there are plenty of QBs who can create something when the play breaks down. Tua is really bad at this. This is something I don't like to see him improve on. Buying time in the pocket, moving outside the pocket when getting pressure and making a play.

Like, why can't people just use their brains before posting garbage all the time. It's like people just chose to be combative without using their brain before posting.
Like fk, use your brain. There are times sure, but FAR LESS when you have the crappiest OL in the league, that is not only crappy but crappy and often injured making them more crappy. Tua's job is to get the ball into the play makers hands as quickly as possible and STAY HEALTHY! This team is complete crap without him in the line up. It's like what the hell do you guys want? There is only one Mahomes. Marino rushed for 87 yards in his career, Tua already has 381.

I get the joke, but the truth is, the best coaches rarely come from the best players. Just because John Beck wasn't a great QB, doesn't mean he isn't a great QB coach.
Very true, but the best in the business.🤷‍♂️

No need to, he already knows how...

Yeah its a lazy and false narrative.

Early last season Tua made plenty of off script plays, made stuff happen when the line broke down

But that was with a healthy line and clean pass blocking over 2.1 seconds. Additionally, Tua would typically be able to step up in the pocket or only need to evade 1 defender.

Last 7 games or so, line injuries and now Tua is evading 2 or 3 defenders while having 6-7 defenders dropping back into coverage. The IOL broke down significantly and Tua did not have the ability to step up in the pocket.

People need to understand. Tua had a league low clean pocket time of 2.1 seconds.

To put that in perspective, the last 7 games DROPPED that average to 2.1 seconds.

So just think how bad the pass blocking really was to have dropped the average to 2.1 seconds.

Tua already has the leagues fastest release at 2.3 seconds.

It takes time to get to a 2nd and 3rd read. That is something he has never had since he has been here. The only reason the OL looked improved last year is because we have a QB who led the league in passing who can get the ball out quickly and accurately in 2.23 seconds.

Facts!

I mean, you have to commend him for putting in the work but man, I was told he is the most nfl ready qb in history to come out the draft...

Well he has the best winning % of the big 3(Burrow/Herbert and Tua) of his class.

He is either #1 or 2 with home win % in the NFL since being drafted.

He has improved every season.

He has been a top 3-5 QB statistically and metrically speaking the last 2 seasons after recovering from his hip injury.

Unlike the other 2 ( Burrow and Herbert) he still has room to improve and get better, where as the other 2 have peeked.

I mean, what else would have made him more or less NFL ready?

NFL ready doesn't mean no room for improvement or can't get better.

Yeah but he was slow. He got slower as the year went on - and heavier looking. It’s not about running. It’s about moving in the pocket to find another launch point when needed. He’s been good at it most of his career. He wasn’t as good at it last year because he was too slow from the bulk he put on. There were plays where interior DL guys were chasing and going to catch him so he threw it OOB or away. Had he been w little faster he'd gave had time to set and throw.
I feel like he already addressed his playing weight last year and is working on getting quicker. I would agree that he didn’t move in the pocket like he did in previous years. My point is we know what he is capable of. He is never going to be a guy that runs around extending plays all game. I would prefer that our OL didn’t allow pressure in his face immediately so he could have time to throw.

I remember thinking during his med to deep throwing motion, his leg would kick out sideways as opposed to going forward for follow thru. Is this an issue? Almost as if his shoulders were perpendicular to the direction vs parallel? I also have not been asked to
Tua Tagovailoa GIF by The Undroppables
Nfl Miami GIF by The Undroppables

play quarterback at the Pro Bowl either. :shrug: :lol:

Like fk, use your brain. There are times sure, but FAR LESS when you have the crappiest OL in the league, that is not only crappy but crappy and often injured making them more crappy. Tua's job is to get the ball into the play makers hands as quickly as possible and STAY HEALTHY! This team is complete crap without him in the line up. It's like what the hell do you guys want? There is only one Mahomes. Marino rushed for 87 yards in his career, Tua already has 381.
I want him to be able to keep a play alive and make a play when needed. I want him to put the team on his back and make a ****ing play. Not every play the WR will be open instantly and the OL will make perfect blocks, I’m asking him to be able to extend plays from time to time. I think he should be able to do that.

I want him to be able to keep a play alive and make a play when needed. I want him to put the team on his back and make a ****ing play. Not every play the WR will be open instantly and the OL will make perfect blocks, I’m asking him to be able to extend plays from time to time. I think he should be able to do that.

Not trying to argue. I am seriously curious.

Can you give me 5 examples of Mahomes extending plays last year when the o line completely breaks down in less then 2 seconds?

Again not arguing. I am just curious and need to understand this off script concern.

Also, in the last 2 seasons, Tua has had to score more then 30 points to win a game more often then Mahomes/ Allen and Jackson the last 2 seasons.

So Tua has shown the ability to put the team on his shoulders.

I mean, you have to commend him for putting in the work but man, I was told he is the most nfl ready qb in history to come out the draft...

Would you rather have a complacent QB (leader of the team) or a QB who always strives to better himself and in doing so his teammates see that and also work to better themselves each off season?

Back
Top Bottom