We're gonna pick an Edge at #21 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're gonna pick an Edge at #21

One play?

And he isnt the reason we lost. We lost because our offense sucked ass and our defense couldnt hold a 14 point lead.

One penalty is a grain of sand on the beach.
One extremely poor timed penalty that cost the team 4 points in a game we lost by 1 point. The loss also cost us the #2 seed and division title. He is also part of the defense that couldn't hold a 14 point lead. That's a boulder on the beach my friend.

Knee injuries aren’t that big of a deal anymore. An Achilles can take some time to get your burst back. I think Barrett will have a bounce back year and we can sign one of the 3 pass rushers we signed out of retirement for the playoff game if we need a guy for a few weeks. But if we sign Chop I’m cool with it. I just think it may be overkill considering Chubb was playing at an all pro level last year
Knee injuries may not be that big of a deal anymore but Chubb didn't tear his in Sep/Oct, he tore it on Dec. 31 and then had it repaired early January. To be counting on a 8-9 month total rehab for a player that depends on explosiveness just seems overly optimistic to me. I'm not saying we "need" to draft an edge early and I do expect a quality season from Barrett, but the unknown status of Chubb/Phillips has to be playing a big part in the overall roster building strategy here.

One extremely poor timed penalty that cost the team 4 points in a game we lost by 1 point. The loss also cost us the #2 seed and division title. He is also part of the defense that couldn't hold a 14 point lead. That's a boulder on the beach my friend.
It's definitely bigger than a gain of sand on the beach

Organized sports NEVER come down to one play, as much as the fans think that, it just isnt so.

You want to defend Grier and his track record for drafting corners, how many corners has Grier drafted in the top 2 rounds who have made an impact to the football team in a positive way on the field in the last 5 years?
😂 He’s only drafted 3. One was great (Howard), one was a bust (Igbinoghene), and one is to be determined (Smith). You’re way off base. He’s batting.500 on CB so far.

Knee injuries aren’t that big of a deal anymore. An Achilles can take some time to get your burst back. I think Barrett will have a bounce back year and we can sign one of the 3 pass rushers we signed out of retirement for the playoff game if we need a guy for a few weeks. But if we sign Chop I’m cool with it. I just think it may be overkill considering Chubb was playing at an all pro level last year

Agree. Justin Houston was IIRC one of them.

His tenure, in Bmore, overlaps that of (new DC) Anthony Weaver

You could have responded to me instead of passive aggressively responding to another poster who responded to me.

What is your ****ing problem?
My apologies, I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I just was agreeing it was kinda of a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom