We're gonna pick an Edge at #21 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're gonna pick an Edge at #21

I'm talking in general, it doesn’t matter what this team does unless the OL is fixed once and for all.....it was proven last year....as the OL goes, so will this team, specially when we play good teams....at this point it doesn’t matter to me what position gets drafted where.......but we need to fix the OL
agree with you Danny but we can't forget the loss of Wilkins.....it's for this reason I think Sweat would be great with our round 2 pick and after that , I would be Ok to 2 more OL in later rounder

Yes, we need to play better as an Oline unit.

To be fair, though, we weren't bad before injuries started mounting.

I would also point out that there is no such thing as "fixing" it in a permanent sense. Players come and go, get injured, get old, etc. it is something that evolves year over year. That's why I tend to think a bit longer term, than just drafting an IOL for need if there are better players available.
I understand that but we haven’t won a SB in 50 years.....the time is now....lol

agree with you Danny but we can't forget the loss of Wilkins.....it's for this reason I think Sweat would be great with our round 2 pick and after that , I would be Ok to 2 more OL in later rounder
oh I haven’t forgotten about Wilkins and I'd love to draft Fiske in the 2nd round if he's still there.

No, bc that has nothing to do with what I said. I like Chubb personally and I'm fine with what we paid for him bc I see his value.

However, the perception some ppl have of Chubb will always be, he should have come in and had 15 sacks a season for at least 3 to 5 seasons, bc of what we paid for him. One of my lifelong best friends is one of these ppl, I've tried to argue on Chubbs behalf and nothing will sway his opinion. We paid, with picks and a big contract, for a top 10 DE, in his eyes and he doesn't think Chubb is close to that.
That is EXACTLY what you said.

"...things usually associated with game changing type impact players."

Are you telling me that forced fumbles arent game changing type impact plays?

Your not getting my point.

Best positional value out of our needs. We're missing TWO starting edges. We signed one. We paying Chubb big bucks to be irrelevant in '22, incur costly penalties and get injured down the stretch in '23, when he'll likely also miss most this next season.

We don't immediately need a starting OT and iOL is a reach.

WR/TE/DB would be overkill.

We're going iOL in the second.

DT in the 5th. Maybe trade up into the 3rd for one. We already brought a lot of bodies at iDL and we can bring more after the draft. Letting Wilkins go also shows how much we value the position.

WR late.
I had no idea you and Grier were so tight.

Youre not getting MY point.

Stop changing your ****ing story.
Dude your trying to find someone to argue with you about Chubb, I've said I liked Chubb.

What i said was, I know ppl who don't like him. If they were on FinHeaven I would give you their names so you could argue with them but unfortunately they don't have accounts on here.

Maybe you should go back and read this entire thread again because it really feels like you read one sentence and then fly off the handle rage posting.

Best positional value out of our needs. We're missing TWO starting edges. We signed one. We paying Chubb big bucks to be irrelevant in '22, incur costly penalties and get injured down the stretch in '23, when he'll likely also miss most this next season.

We don't immediately need a starting OT and iOL is a reach.

WR/TE/DB would be overkill.

We're going iOL in the second.

DT in the 5th. Maybe trade up into the 3rd for one. We already brought a lot of bodies at iDL and we can bring more after the draft. Letting Wilkins go also shows how much we value the position.

WR late.
They take so long typically to be impactful though. This is the window with Hill playing beast mode. I go after the best offensive weapon available even if we move up a few spots.

They take so long typically to be impactful though. This is the window with Hill playing beast mode. I go after the best offensive weapon available even if we move up a few spots.
Is this your clever way of saying you want to trade up for Brock Bowers?

I tried to trade down but would have had to trade down too far. I think its possible we could trade down with a team like the Packers at 25 if Latu is not available at 21 and select Robinson.
Frazier like Barton can play any interior OL position.
McCaffrey has a lot of upside as a WR 3 or 4.
Double up on DT's. Boyd is more of a NT and Lee is a more versatile 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE.
Hampton adds safety depth.
Murphy adds DE depth.View attachment 168299
I don’t like the first two picks. I think Robinson has as much chance of being a bust as he does being a starter in the NFL. In 10 starts last season he only had 12 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles and 4 sacks. Those are the stats of a 6th or 7th round draft pick at best. Not the stats of a first round pick.

The Dolphins already have their center. They signed Brewer to a three year contract and therefore I don’t see them drafting Frazier unless they plan to move him to guard.

I believe they will draft an offensive lineman who can play tackle or guard with their 1st round pick and a DT or NT with their 2nd round pick.

I do like your pick of McCaffrey at 165 but I will be extremely surprised if he is still on the board in the fifth round.
I think he will likely go in the 3rd or 4th round.

I know absolutely nothing about your last 4 picks. Hopefully they can add something to the roster if any of them are selected by the Dolphins.

I understand that but we haven’t won a SB in 50 years.....the time is now....lol
And if it ends up not being a good pick, we pay for it for 4 years.

The commitment to a rd1 selection goes beyond the immediate. So should the thought process to draft him.

I'm not against drafting Oline. If a top Tackle prospect is there at 21, that would be awesome.

No matter what position we draft that late in the round, chances are he isn't going to perform like an above average vet. Could it happen? Yes.

How come when I hear "game changing plays" by our impact player B. Chubb I first think of him ripping his helmet off against Tennessee and certainly changing that game (and season) in a most detrimental way.

Your not alone. I feel the same way. I would rather see Miami take the OLineman at #21. But with the draft as deep as it is at the position; Miami might wait until #55?
I think the draft is deeper at DT and DE/OLB than it is at OL. Particularly when you look at guys coming from college who can play multiple techniques on the DL or Edge players who can play in the dirt or standing. Given the nature of our blocking scheme, a large portion of the OL prospects available aren’t even a realistic option. There will be a ton of quality players available at 55; if there is a run on front 7, more WR or DBs will be there (or vise versa).

Back
Top Bottom