What if Dolphins drafted Penix like Joel Klatt suggests - Pretend this is some sort of clever April Fools joke | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Dolphins drafted Penix like Joel Klatt suggests - Pretend this is some sort of clever April Fools joke

Interesting, Williams is a very interesting prospect. I dont quite see the can't miss prospect so many of these scouts do, but I guess they know more than me.

Hes very good but I donno if he's gonna live up to the hype, there is ALOT of hype.

1) Other than Carson Palmer, USC QB's hardly measure up on the NFL.
2) Williams is the product of the Lincoln Riley system. Other than Mahomes, Air Raid college QB's tend to fizzle in the NFL.

This is what a potential draft could look like if we select Penix in Round 1. View attachment 168245
Or just stay with the more talented QB already on the roster and fix the OL with the 1st round pick. It is absolutely ridiculous to reach for a 2nd round type talent QB in the first. when you have a more talented QB on the roster. Maybe Penix if he falls to 55. If we want to bring in a QB for competition look later in the draft guys like Pratt or Reed.

A guy who is Top 5 in almost every accuracy stat for 2023 IN THE NFL is a "wash" with some guy who hasn't played a down against professional players yet.

Wow.
Right. I recognize that Tua has flaws. I wish he was a bit more athletic, the sneaky good athletism we saw at Alabama.

But in terms of accuracy, touch and timing, Tua may be tops in the NFL in all of those areas.

It's why I think upgrading over Tua is more difficult than people think.

Last edited:
If Penix actually fell out of the first round I'd take him in a heartbeat. Not anything to do with Tua, but they both have a lot of similarities and could really excel in this offense that is used to a left-handed thrower.

I don't understand why the NFL draft is in love with these guys who play average football making an exciting off script throw every now and then, but somehow a guy who can just deal from the pocket and has an advanced passing game is overlooked. But I think someone is gonna draft this guy highly and get a steal.

I am the rarest of beings — an Indiana University and Miami Dolphin football fan. I liked Penix when he was at IU and am really glad he played so well at Washington and stayed healthy there — but just like Tua coming out of college, there is some troubling injury history. He tore his ACL two separate times at IU and also was sidelined for periods two different times because of shoulder injuries. He has a very lanky build that would concern me some from a future injury standpoint. In college he got rid of the ball and only took 33 sacks in 6 seasons (at IU they were all partial seasons because of injury) but got hurt a lot. Unless he’s behind an elite NFL line, I don’t think he holds up. Compare his body type to Caleb Williams who isn’t even that big for a QB.

Attachments

• IMG_3861.jpeg
    IMG_3861.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3863.jpeg
    IMG_3863.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1
Draft Penix? Why? Is Tua retiring?

Season 6 GIF by Paramount+

Or just stay with the more talented QB already on the roster and fix the OL with the 1st round pick. It is absolutely ridiculous to reach for a 2nd round type talent QB in the first. when you have a more talented QB on the roster. Maybe Penix if he falls to 55. If we want to bring in a QB for competition look later in the draft guys like Pratt or Reed.
I like Pratt if he is there in the late rounds, like 6 or 7. Probably won't be though. If Skylar isn't viewed as a potential replacement for Tua or high quality backup the team needs to draft someone who might be (but not in the first 3 rounds).

Back
Top Bottom