Your Surprise Pick for Miami? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Surprise Pick for Miami?

I'd be surprised if he's a first round pick.
I think he may surprise us... unlike Verse and his 5 years of college football, Chop has only played 3 years. I suspect that he may have more room to grow... yes, it's a bit of a risk, but in general, the outstanding prospects leave early, and the more mundane ones play all 5 years.

It should not be a surprise that Tua hasn't signed yet, as most QBs sign during the summer, usually July, right before camp opens. He will get his deal just before training camp and the team will use that as positive momentum moving forward into the regular season.
This is true but does it preclude Miami taking a QB in any and all circumstances even if that is the plan with Tua? Just food for thought.

With QB and WR #1 & 2 settled, I believe Grier values CBs, Edges, and OTs as premium positions that merit a 5th year of control, and I agree that CB is the most likely position that we’ll use our 1st on.

If you mean by “surprise” by most unlikely positions, then it’ll be LB. I don’t think Grier values LBs with premium picks.

This is a mock draft I could see Grier having. View attachment 168575

NFL-team-logo

Byron Murphy IIDT Texas
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Darius RobinsonEDGE Missouri

NFL-team-logo

Cole BishopS Utah
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Zak ZinterOG Michigan

NFL-team-logo

Javion CohenOG Miami (FL)

NFL-team-logo

Nehemiah PritchettCB Auburn

NFL-team-logo

Dominique HamptonS Washington

I think he may surprise us... unlike Verse and his 5 years of college football, Chop has only played 3 years. I suspect that he may have more room to grow... yes, it's a bit of a risk, but in general, the outstanding prospects leave early, and the more mundane ones play all 5 years.
I'm not predicting how he will turn out in the NFL; I'm just questioning whether he will be a first round pick. I have doubts.

A Naked Burrito. 😂😂😂

I mentioned Dejean in the Draft Thread as my surprise pick.

The only 2 guys Miami's spoken with, who are potential 1st round picks have been DeJean and JPJ. I don't find that to be coincidence. Although it appears JPJ is now looking like he's going to go top of round two.

There is something very different about this draft cycle compared to other years.

So as of now it's Cooper DeJean for me at #21. If Miami keeps the pick.

I wonder if they’d actually view Cooper as a safety. He’s certainly in the “chess piece” mold of a guy who can play multiple roles in a defense. Looking at Baltimore’s defense and their desire to play big nickel (especially Kyle Hamilton taking a lot of slot cover in 2023), Weaver’s comments about moving Ramsey (bigger corner) around more, and DeJean’s versatility and size….. interesting.

Then you factor in the only highly touted DB we’ve brought in for a 30 visit is Calen Bullock, a 6’3 safety who HAS made a lot of plays covering the slot….. that’s obviously going to be a priority if they add to the DB room.

They’ve also spent a lot of time with quite a few potential day 3 safeties and corners who fit that profile.

Back
Top Bottom