2023 Draft Day 1 Thread | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Draft Day 1 Thread

Can you explain to me why this board is obsessed with getting a rookie TE who will hardly play and won't help the team next year at all?

We have Hill, Waddle, Anderson and Berrios... we won't throw to a TE anyway, we didn't last year, we have too many WRs who get 95% of the balls thrown their way.

MAKES NO F***ING SENSE!
Probably because Durham Smythe is the best tight end on the roster and is very bad at football.

Why are you obsessed with drafting a Day Two offensive lineman who’ll be a backup? We aren’t starting a Day Two rookie (in a weak OT class, no less) on Tua’s blindside.

Whereas I mostly agree with you I like both RB's selected in the 1st, I just thought they were both overdrafted. Carter is a great pick for the Eagles, boom or bust. Detroit? yeesh they sure killed a lot of good will.
Let me rephrase. Bijan and Gibbs are not bad players I just think overrated. Neither are top 15 players in the draft to me.

I also like next year's class A LOT more

Can you explain to me why this board is obsessed with getting a rookie TE who will hardly play and won't help the team next year at all?

We have Hill, Waddle, Anderson and Berrios... we won't throw to a TE anyway, we didn't last year, we have too many WRs who get 95% of the balls thrown their way.

MAKES NO F***ING SENSE!
I am not sure if this is what others are hoping for but maybe a better blocking TE than Smythe with a little more speed and separation ability. Thus upgrading a position in many ways.

Winners:
1. HOU, Stroud and Will Anderson, both clear first round players.
2. PHI, Jalen Carter who I am not as high on, but Nolan Smith, a top 10 player

Biggest losers:
SEA Witherspoon and Njigba, they had two picks in top 20 and took 4rd round values.
GB Van Ness DE, did not start in college, and a tweener, basically a 6th rounder picked at 13 overall.
BUF Moved up for Dalton Kincaid, they get an F.

Other losers:
LAC, MIN - picked wideouts who offer nothing special, 4th round values.
KC to an extent, picked a mediocre edge.

MAKES NO F***ING SENSE!

Because he’s a really good blocker who is also a very good receiver. He would open up Miami’s offense in a way that Gesicki could not, because Gesicki wasn’t good at being an in-line TE.

MAKES NO F***ING SENSE!
It's simple, versatility within the scheme will make all those guys you mentioned far more effective.

Football 101, try it some time.

MAKES NO F***ING SENSE!
I'm kind of with you, a rookie TE won't contribute much at first. However...a guy like Darnell Washington will. You treat that guy as a 3rd OT and let him catch the occasional 5 yard pass. Thats what we need as a TE.

MAKES NO F***ING SENSE!

Because a good tight end is the biggest mismatch in football. Literally a cheat code if you have a tight end that can block while also stretching a defense. We have no idea what a tight end like that would do in this offense considering last year we had a tight end that couldn’t block and when he went out for passes was like a giraffe on ice skates.

I'm kind of with you, a rookie TE won't contribute much at first. However...a guy like Darnell Washington will. You treat that guy as a 3rd OT and let him catch the occasional 5 yard pass. Thats what we need as a TE.

His scouting report literally says teams should consider drafting him and moving to tackle because he’s so good of a blocker lol

MAKES NO F***ING SENSE!
Why won’t he play at all? TE isa position where multiple guys get snaps in. Especially if more well rounded

We didn’t last year doesn’t mean the offense can’t evolve and there’s also the fact that Gesicki was a big lumbering wr, not a tight end, and Smythe is more so the no2 guy, average blocker. So if you get an actual guy in there who can do the things you want, it could unlock a whole new level and wrinkle into the offense

Back
Top Bottom