Dave Hyde On The Implosion Of The AFC East And What It Means For The Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave Hyde On The Implosion Of The AFC East And What It Means For The Dolphins

ha once again i have learned how naive i am! its amazing, i used to be a good student too, my pattern recognition skills have gone into the gutter in my old age. i guess i need AI to help. side note, AI is still all bullsh*t. it really just is patter recognition. processing things very rapidly gives the illusion of thinking, when there is no thinking going on. graphic cards happen to be very good at single purpose rapid processing. that is what graphics is, quickly assembling polygons to form images. granted, the human brain may do the same thing as AI (we may not think like we think we think), but that is a separate philosophical argument. will be interesting when football teams start building advanced models and applying to the sport - both drafting and the on the field action
Off topic, but I agree about "AI".

Catchy name, but it implies something that is capable of abstract thought and/reasoning. We aren't even close to there yet.

The word "intelligence" has been commandeered for promotion purposes.

Have you looked at what they lost vs what they brought in? That team lost its top 3 WRs, it's top two safeties, and thats just the top of the list. Sure, they have Allen and their TE and Cook at RB but they are hurting talent wise. I project them to be a 7/8 win team next year.
You could also argue that the Fins have lost more than what they brought in as well. I think the division is totally up for grabs and if Rodgers is remotely functional it will be a 3 team race down to the last weekend of the season.

My nvidia stock says otherwise . At least as of now. 😂
haha. yes. good for you. but understand the game you are playing with a semi stock. it is not really about fundamentals, it is about beats and raises for the quarters. if they keep beating and raising by a fair bit, its gonna keep going up. momentum stalls/flattens, it goes down. will be interesting how they manage the transition to the new part too, which is a fair bit cheaper all things considered (power consumption and heat output also matter). finheaven stock trading thread :)

haha. yes. good for you. but understand the game you are playing with a semi stock. it is not really about fundamentals, it is about beats and raises for the quarters. if they keep beating and raising by a fair bit, its gonna keep going up. momentum stalls/flattens, it goes down. will be interesting how they manage the transition to the new part too, which is a fair bit cheaper all things considered (power consumption and heat output also matter). finheaven stock trading thread :)
Honestly I'm not a financial guy. What I am is a long time gamer which is why interest in Amd and nvidia goes back over 20 years.

I could heat my whole basement with just a 4090 gpu. 😂

Thanks but i do understand .

I could heat my whole basement with just a 4090 gpu. 😂
ha yes. i had a water cooled gaming PC for awhile. amazing the amount of heat those things put out, and the amount of power they consume. think about an NVDA h100 board for AI. first of all, each one i think is over $100k. but the amount of power and heat when these things are juked together at scale. there is a reason MSFT is looking at mini nuclear reactors to power these datacenters. there needs to be a huge improvement in power consumption and heat. heck, look at the stock prices of some of the industrials like Eaton, like a rocket ship all of a sudden too. they provide alot of the power and cooling infrastructure. it is a huge issue/problem. not sure how it will resolve or if we need a big pause for awhile at some point too

there are reports from some beat writers that Buffalo was actually going out of their way to phase out diggs from the offense
I had not heard that but I did hear a guy start to mention he was a locker room issue. Then it was like he realized he was on a national radio show and tried to stop but it was too late. I don’t follow the Bills, but if he has talent the only reason to give away a guy is the salary cap or personality.

I had not heard that but I did hear a guy start to mention he was a locker room issue. Then it was like he realized he was on a national radio show and tried to stop but it was too late. I don’t follow the Bills, but if he has talent the only reason to give away a guy is the salary cap or personality.
yeah it’s out there the source, reputable guy too

It's an opportunity for Miami.

I think the Jets will be better, but they are counting on a lot of vets to rebound including Rodgers. That's usually doesn't work out well.

New England has a chance to add a really good quarterback. That can start to change things for them in a positive way. Who knows about their new coach, but odds are he won't be as good as Bellichick. At least for 2024, have to think the Patriots will struggle.

I thought the Bills had peaked two years ago, after Miami nearly beat them with Skylar Thompson at quarterback and then the Bills were pounded by Cincinnati the following week. But Buffalo is still the team to beat.

Will be interesting to see what the draft brings and if the Dolphins have bridged the small gap when the season begins.
Unfortunately I dont think the Bills will really miss Diggs that much.

After they changed OC's and were 5-5 they went 6-1, 7-2 if you include the playoffs, they even should have won the 2 games they lost, the OT shootout against the Eagles and the playoff game to the Chiefs.

They phased Diggs out of their offense and became more of a running team. He really didnt produce much at all during their stretch run.

They have Kincaid who has emerged as one of the best pass catching TE's in the NFL, a talented RB in Cook and they still have the best QB in the division. I am sure they will draft a WR early, hopefully not the one everybody has been talking about today, Brian Thomas, they would have to trade up for him. Then they will also probably pick another WR in Free Agency, maybe a DJ Chark or Tyler Boyd, Shakir was already emerging as a good WR late in the season for them and they picked up Curtis Samuel in Free Agency, so with a couple additions in the draft and Free Agency their WR corps could look very good unfortunately.
I think Tua will have something to say about who the best qb in the division is this year.

Back
Top Bottom