Holland: Elite, very good, good, average | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holland: Elite, very good, good, average

Holland: Elite or merely very good?

• Elite

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's a better fit for a Fangio type system where he just plays centerfielder, but still... very few turnovers. He managed a single Int last year.
How do you know the detailed nature of the Anthony Weaver system? Just because he comes from Baltimore as the D-line Coach, doesn't mean that he's going to replicate the full Ravens system now that he's got the opportunity in Miami to run the show. Maybe Weaver will take the strengths and weaknesses of his players into account when formulating how he's going to run it.
Pretty confident that Jevon Holland will fit in well.

How I rank players with simple categories

Below average, average, good, very good, great.

I have him as good.

I voted very good but after seeing it is really a pass/fail with elite = pass and every other grade = fail, I'm changing my vote to elite.

I voted 'very good' because while he's an excellent coverage safety, he just doesn't supply turnovers or big hits.

He's a better fit for a Fangio type system where he just plays centerfielder, but still... very few turnovers. He managed a single Int last year.
For any DB to get interceptions requires first that the QB throw into his coverage. It would seem reasonable to me that the DBs providing the tightest coverage get thrown at less than others.

Holland had 3 forced fumbles last season. Do many safeties get more than that in a season? Asking for a friend. :-) :)

For any DB to get interceptions requires first that the QB throw into his coverage. It would seem reasonable to me that the DBs providing the tightest coverage get thrown at less than others.

Holland had 3 forced fumbles last season. Do many safeties get more than that in a season? Asking for a friend. :-) :)
I think Safeties are currently under appreciated in the league these days. Holland is a very good one and I hope he’s with us for a long time. He plays hard, is humble and cares about the team.

I want to see the guy I saw at Oregon. He's a good Safety with the ability to be really good. Not sure about elite. Him staying healthy and playing all 17 would be nice.

I view him as very good but he’s no Minkah Fitzpatrick. Without the stubbornness of Flores, the Dolphins could have the best safety duo in the entire league today.

I voted very good because I believe he is considered a smart player. Physically he was held back a little bit last year because of injuries. I can't imagine what it was like for him to play with both knees dinged so I give him credit for toughness there. I hope he's ready to go this year and can take the next step.

Very good seems right.

He has the potential to be elite......hopefully he continues to grow

Help us settle a debate.
To me there is no debate. Year one he was used properly and mostly healthy. Year two we had a mash unit on defense so he was forced to play free safety a lot and could not emulate year one's Swiss army knife of the defense play due to needing to cover for other players. Year three, new DC and he was injured a bit.

However, I know there is a large group on here that would have trashed Marino in his '85 and '86 years....

I know he's a top 5 safety in the league and he was elite under Flores. He played well under Fangio, but not elite IMO. which could have just been the system.

Back
Top Bottom