Holland: Elite, very good, good, average | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holland: Elite, very good, good, average

Holland: Elite or merely very good?

• Elite

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

Results are only viewable after voting.
Watch Kyle Hamilton for the Ravens and the impact he has on almost every play. That is what an elite safety looks like. I hardly ever notice Holland during a game. Holland is a good player that has the ability to be very good. Maybe Weaver can get more out of him, but Holland has not lived up to his rookie season hype so far. I would have a hard time paying him a lucrative second contract with the way he has performed thus far.

Holland is a solid player who so far hasn't made enough splash plays to justify a top 3 contract .
Poyer will really help him come on this season.
I would offer him a good not great contract the now .

I'll vote "Very Good".

He has certainly influenced games but nothing on a consistant basis yet. Rare rookie that came in ready to play but just never quite popped up to the next level.

I'm a little disapointed because I thought he could take that next step under Fangio, but happy all the same he is lining up for us this year. We certainly missed him when he had the spained knees.

FS must be a meaningless position if Holland is seen as "elite" or even "very-good."

I think a lot of you have really low expectations and over-rate basically anyone who wears a Dolphins uniform. Personally, I think a FS can be special, but if you're not a rangy ball-hawk or a hard-hitter who sets the tone then you don't qualify as a special player.

So... final answer.

At a board filled with some of the most partisan Dolphins fans on Earth, only 11% of them (us) consider Holland to be an elite safety.

It doesn't mean that he isn't, I guess... but it does prove my original point of 'most people do not view Holland as elite'.

I'll stand on that.

VG, borderline elite. Injuries to him and those in front of him keep him out of the elite realm. For now...

Oh, and not to mention the ever revolving door of defenses every year.

Average? PAH! You guys need to smoke something different.
100% this. I selected Very Good. I think he’s borderline elite.

I went very good. As mentioned year 1 was great despite learning on the job, year 2 playing center field on a MASH unit. Last year he was without one or the other top corner and had to play more cautiously, then was injured himself. The old wisdom used to be "build your defense up the middle first", have stout DT's, a tough MLB, and top safeties. The speed factor has changed this somewha,t but teams still look to attack the middle of the field. IMHO, safety as a position is very important, and Holland is very good. Muck Finka...

100% this. I selected Very Good. I think he’s borderline elite.
to get to the very good to elite categories I would look at missed tackle percentage, tackles per game, interceptions, Tackles for loss, sacks, Passes blocked, and QBR when targeted and see where he stacks up against the league.

I voted very good with a chance in the future to reach Elite level.

I chose very good. Elite -- I am not too sure about , but hopefully our new DC will give him a better shot to make plays.

I'll vote "Very Good".

He has certainly influenced games but nothing on a consistant basis yet. Rare rookie that came in ready to play but just never quite popped up to the next level.

I'm a little disapointed because I thought he could take that next step under Fangio, but happy all the same he is lining up for us this year. We certainly missed him when he had the spained knees.
I was at the game where he had the Fail Mary and sprained his knees. The tackle looked awkward. Fun win but painful in losing JP and JH for basically the season as it turns out.

He has showed flashes of elite play but not enough to deserve that moniker.

Back
Top Bottom