Interesting Dline tweet from CK | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Dline tweet from CK

With that being said what do you think the pick will be?

You’d assume more of a need than BPA?

OL/CB immediately comes to mind as a serious need.

Less seriously is WR/TE
Let the draft come to them. They are in a position to take BPA. If there isn't someone there they love, trade back.

I think the pick will be an Edge rusher.. though I would not mind Byron Murphy one bit, his game will transition smoothly to the NFL I do believe

I think they go corner, that can play safety. As much as I'd like to see an OL, I think we are too late in the draft order to get one of the top tackles, and that leads to value. Probably go OL at #55. There may be a top corner there that has been overlooked for whatever reason. I say corner but they will be looking for position versatility here as in hybrid corner/ safety. Trends say pass defense wins now days.

I've clamored for a DT high after Wilkins left, but we've signed so many depth guys it's hard still keeping that take anymore especially with the whole rotation scheme Weaver uses. However, if we're truly going BPA and a DT is selected 1st or 2nd round, I wouldn't really be bothered by it.

Imo, of course you take into account the BPA strategy, but you also have to measure the players talent level that fills the need, and see how much less of a talent he really is compared to the bpa.

its not a black and white, its not like ''oh he's the bpa on the board so he's the pick.''

if that ''need'' player is juuust below the bpa, then I would take that difference and measure it up to the importance of building a balanced team and filling a need with a hi level asset.
And of course knowing who is actually the "best" PA is totally subject to opinion as well.

I've clamored for a DT high after Wilkins left, but we've signed so many depth guys it's hard still keeping that take anymore especially with the whole rotation scheme Weaver uses. However, if we're truly going BPA and a DT is selected 1st or 2nd round, I wouldn't really be bothered by it.
This makes sense.

I like the rotation option for a variety of reasons (including salary cap management) and a bit of a hedge against injury, so I don't think this will be an early focus in the draft, but you never know. I would be more likely to think Edge if they don't go O-Line

Personally thought it was a no brainer that we would not be going DT at 21 for all these points mentioned. We can get away with a mid-level or below average rotation of guys when they're lining up next to Seiler, Chubb and Phillips.

We can add DE, CB. S, TE, WR3, QB, and RB to that list of no brainers. Which leaves us drafting OL....as we should!

Never really bought into the first round DT thing. I think Grier has, within the last few years, identified what he believes are premium positions, and I think DT has been removed from the list. I think that the approach will be amplified once the QB is paid.

I agree with that. And if its a CB, not a good sign for Cam
Team carries ~9 DBs we have 3 very good-to-elite ones on the roster now. Plenty of room for both Cam and a 1st round DB especially considerimg Ramsey is 30 and expensive, Fuller is 30 and Holland is around the corner from potentially pricing himself off the team.

None of the defensive backfiield behind those 3 has yet substantiated any expectation of greatness going forward. Poyer is likely on his last contract. Kohou is good--especially for what he is costing the team--but i would not consider him foundational at this stage. Cam may or may not be high-level starter material but too soon to say and in the ideal world where he proves to be that there is still room to draft his tandem for the other side.

Back
Top Bottom