Interesting Dline tweet from CK | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Dline tweet from CK

There are several athletic Tackles who will be available late in the first who can play Guard in year one.

Morgan will be available... Latham and Fautanu might.
I just don’t think Latham is right for this scheme.. he can pass protect for sure, but being that big comes challenges

Last edited:
Latham wont be there. Fautanu seems the most logical but people are projecting him as a guard. Morgan has 32 inch arms, that's Center quality

If Fautanu isn't there than we don't go OL.

32 7/8s if you want to be exact.

Long enough to play Tackle. Not elite, but long enough.

Three year starter for a quality team. He'd be our day 1 LG, and would likely move to Tackle when Armstead leaves next year.

...and Latham may be there. You never know how they fall. Decisively stating 'he won't be there' rarely ends well.

32 7/8s if you want to be exact.

Long enough to play Tackle. Not elite, but long enough.

Three year starter for a quality team. He'd be our day 1 LG, and would likely move to Tackle when Armstead leaves next year.

...and Latham may be there. You never know how they fall. Decisively stating 'he won't be there' rarely ends well.
you have to keep in mind that 37 players will go in the top 20

Go take a look at Wilkins+Sieler snap count under Fangio in 2023 and the snap counts of all Baltimore DL last season.

They rotate their guys heavily every week. We simply did not. Ever.

Sieler, Tart, Gallimore, Benito Jones, and whoever else sticks will be more than fine, IMO.

New DC. New scheme. New priorities.
Let us "prey". - LOL

Would love to hear them honestly discuss short vs. long term drafting... and how much money they honestly think each position is worth.
I hate the mindset that many on here have that the guy Miami picks in the first round has to be an immediate contributor or it's considered a failure. Sure, I would love for their first pick to be a star right from his first snap, but If Miami drafts a guy like Guyton and he doesn't play a snap this season, but ends up being Miami's left tackle for the next ten years, how can anyone consider that not a successful draft pick?

Imo, of course you take into account the BPA strategy, but you also have to measure the players talent level that fills the need, and see how much less of a talent he really is compared to the bpa.

its not a black and white, its not like ''oh he's the bpa on the board so he's the pick.''

if that ''need'' player is juuust below the bpa, then I would take that difference and measure it up to the importance of building a balanced team and filling a need with a hi level asset.
Exactly.

The ideal scenario is for the BPA philosophy to align to a corresponding need, if you don't find yourself in the situation, trade down.

Taking another WR, with the amount of draft capital investment we already have devoted there, is NOT prudent, even if said WR is the BPA.

Collect resources and acquire physical but scheme fit trench players...

Back
Top Bottom