Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who?

If WR Is The Pick @ 21...Who?

• Total voters
First time I've really looked at McMillan. Really good hands. Nice find bro!
I’m a Huskies fan and watch all but one or two games a year. Most of them highlights where from last year. This year he got a knee injury in the 2nd or 3rd game of the year. And he kept coming back to soon and straining it again.

I can't say if he is not capable of running other routes but his use was limited to downfield stuff that utilized his height and speed.

He was very, very good running those routes but he will not have as much success doing that against better DB's in the NFL.

If he can't expand his route running he is going to be limited to what he did at LSU, which is still pretty good but not good enough for me to take at #21 when Miami does not need a WR and does have significant needs at both sides of the LOS.

Not to mention that in such a deep WR class good ones can be found in R2-3.

IF Thomas is the best player on the board at #21 I am trading back.
Good reasoning. Thomas is one of the most intriguing players who figure to be in Miami's range there.

But I also think it might be better to go wide receiver in the 2nd round, with the first option likely being a trade down for needed picks.

I think Legette and Coleman, despite his lack of speed, would fit what the Dolphins need.

The only other 6-4 WR I could find running 4.33 was DK Metcalf, not bad company. I don’t think anybody moves the needle for us more than an All-Pro OL. OL is the engine of the team.
And it's arguably Miami's biggest need (offensive line).

Roman Wilson getting lots hype with his ability to make quick cuts, separate in short routes and his blocking ability and toughness.
Keon Coleman is the biggest faller with lack of quickness and speed, a poor blocker and rumors out there he didnt interview well.

I need to read about 10 pages of this thread but I’d still prefer to go OL in round 1. Especially if one of the OTs are there. If we trade down and can get more picks, round 2 could be a sweet spot for both WR and DT

Roman Wilson is a dude who is really intriguing to me
That's I guy/team I've followed. Very good pick, but as always, don't extend.

love your analysis and usually agree Raf, but I don’t agree on the comp to Parker.

Imo Parker was that sideline ballerina, excellent body and hand coordination..

Doesn’t have the raw speed of Thomas, Parker was a one on one jump ball type player who ran a lot of out routes and curls where he could use his unique athleticism to catch the ball.
I just see a faster Parker. And just being faster isn't enough to make me want to draft him at 21. I don't see separation or nuanced route running. He's a guy you're hoping will develop based on size/speed metrics. He might develop. But anybody expecting him to come in and have a big impact in our offense this year is likely to be disappointed. History suggests that size/speed WRs who struggle with separation and aren't good route runners tend to take time top develop in the NFL. They are not usually immediate impact players.

I just see a faster Parker. And just being faster isn't enough to make me want to draft him at 21. I don't see separation or nuanced route running. He's a guy you're hoping will develop based on size/speed metrics. He might develop. But anybody expecting him to come in and have a big impact in our offense this year is likely to be disappointed. History suggests that size/speed WRs who struggle with separation and aren't good route runners tend to take time top develop in the NFL. They are not usually immediate impact players.
agreed with all that about Thomas not my cup of tea when it comes to receiver for this team.

Looks like will fuller 2

I need to read about 10 pages of this thread but I’d still prefer to go OL in round 1. Especially if one of the OTs are there. If we trade down and can get more picks, round 2 could be a sweet spot for both WR and DT

Roman Wilson is a dude who is really intriguing to me
Roman Wilson is the guy in this draft who looks like the best bet to be the next Nacua.

For me, the short list at 21 is:

Fautanu

Then in no particular order:

Newton
Murphy
Barton
Latu

If we get any of those 5, I'll be pretty happy.

If we trade down then Legette is the first WR on my board, but there are several WRs I like in the 2nd and 3rd range.

For me, the short list at 21 is:

Fautanu

Then in no particular order:

Newton
Murphy
Barton
Latu

If we get any of those 5, I'll be pretty happy.

If we trade down then Legette is the first WR on my board, but there are several WRs I like in the 2nd and 3rd range.
That's a good list. I'd add Verse and Bowers, if he somehow drops....doubtful.

Maybe Grier is super clever but, with so many DT'S signed in free agency, I think they punt early there. And maybe wait until 2025.

If you’re lost on this- just replay the last 5 games of the season, how the offence performed with both 10 and 17 banged up… and the thinking is that this draft is so deep with wr talent you may get a great wr at 21 or 55 that may not be available in the upcoming future drafts- this offence runs through the wr- despite having the best duo- our wr room as a whole was not good enough last year- especially late in the season
I don't disagree.

Good luck getting the ball to any receiver unless you have more interior beef.

New C can't anchor, Wynn, Jones, Eich?

Trade back for more resources at positions of need.

Or that luxury 3rd WR sure will look good for the next regime.

I'm on record saying that if Brian Thomas is there at 21 we should consider him cause he has the potential to be a #1 very soon. But also, this is a very good and deep WR class so if we trade back and get a 3rd round pick, we could draft a good one even in the 3rd round
Trading back is a must.

Back
Top Bottom