We're gonna pick an Edge at #21 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're gonna pick an Edge at #21

Chubb currently sits at #10 in avg/year Edge pay...

His actual salaries in 2025 and 2026 are scheduled to be 19.5m, and 18.5m in 2027.

If he returns to last season's form, these salaries are not out of line, especially considering the current growth in the salary cap.

He's 28 this year, and should be in his prime for several more years. I think most people really misunderstood the fact that Chubb was younger than most FAs, and has more years left than some realize.
Exactly and maybe Chubb doesn't get 15 sacks, but if you know football there are like 8 to 10 plays per game where Chubb totally disrupts what the opposing offense is trying to do. I think his contract is in-line, if he returns to form after the injury of course.

Exactly and maybe Chubb doesn't get 15 sacks, but if you know football there are like 8 to 10 plays per game where Chubb totally disrupts what the opposing offense is trying to do. I think his contract is in-line, if he returns to form after the injury of course.

Brian Burns just received a contract that pays him, on average, 8m per year more than Chubb. Burns has averaged 9 sacks per year.

He's 26 this year... so this year's Chubb price.

These things just keep going up. If you are gonna buy a young Edge from a bad team... that's the price.

I tried to trade down but would have had to trade down too far. I think its possible we could trade down with a team like the Packers at 25 if Latu is not available at 21 and select Robinson.
Frazier like Barton can play any interior OL position.
McCaffrey has a lot of upside as a WR 3 or 4.
Double up on DT's. Boyd is more of a NT and Lee is a more versatile 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE.
Hampton adds safety depth.
Murphy adds DE depth.PFN_Draft_result_1712246071068.png

If I told you 1 calendar year ago that Austin Jackson would be our only solid starting linemen would you have believed me?

If Chubb or Phillips aren’t ready, the offense will need to score 40 points per game, we need defensive help d⁸esperately, offense will get theirs..with current skill players, we need defensive line and offensive line help, like stat.

Maybe, or maybe not. If Chubb and Phillips are not ready, players like...

Shaq Barrett = 4 sacks
Jordyn Brooks = 4 Sacks
Zach Sieler= 10 Sacks

Might help.

Nowhere close to the pressure if we also had Chubb and Phillips, but for the time being if they're not ready, it's still no reason to blink, and use one of our top picks on a Pass-Rusher unless someone special Falls to us.

We still need better O-Linemen, a 3rd receiver that can take pressure from our top two, a young TE that can be a weapon and maybe take that third receiving option if we can't find a decent #3 receiver.

I said before that Miami may still not be done with getting another TE in the draft, and though I expected one probably later in rd 5, 6, or 7, it might not be shocking if in round 2 (Can't believe Miami would use a 1st), if the right player at TE is there, they might or might not pull the trigger. JMO

Last edited:
The position is also high %. Even Charles Harris ended up looking decent in Detroit. As long as you stay away from drunk-non-scheme-fits like Deion Jordan, under disciplinarian coaches like Philbin, you should be alright.
Charles Harris has looked like crap the past 2 seasons...2.5 sacks in 19 games At this point in his career he's nothing mor than a used traffic cone.

If we stay at #21 I think that an O-lineman will be the pick. Most likely prospects being Graham Barton from Duke or Jackson Powers-Johnson the Oregon Center.

nothing will matter unless we fix the OL first
That's a very short term view. If a good T is there, great. If there is a clearly superior player at another position, does it really make sense to draft the inferior guy?

As far as IOL? Not in rd1. That would be short sighted as well. The long term value just isn't there, IMO.

if the plan is to pick a DE , the only one I want in the first round is Verse but he will be picked before us IMO
but I think we will go OL help and I could see Fautanu or Barton.
For DT I could see Sweat with our second rounder and if we pick a third rounder (with a trade down or with a package of next year picks) Mc Caffrey.

I just can’t pass up a solid OT at 21 unless I get a great trade down offer.

I think there’s going to a run on OL between 10-20 that might push other premium positions down to 21. If that’s the case I’m fine with an edge.
Yea, definitely depends on how the board falls. Trade down is always an option.

That's a very short term view. If a good T is there, great. If there is a clearly superior player at another position, does it really make sense to draft the inferior guy?

As far as IOL? Not in rd1. That would be short sighted as well. The long term value just isn't there, IMO.
I'm talking in general, it doesn’t matter what this team does unless the OL is fixed once and for all.....it was proven last year....as the OL goes, so will this team, specially when we play good teams....at this point it doesn’t matter to me what position gets drafted where.......but we need to fix the OL

I'm talking in general, it doesn’t matter what this team does unless the OL is fixed once and for all.....it was proven last year....as the OL goes, so will this team, specially when we play good teams....at this point it doesn’t matter to me what position gets drafted where.......but we need to fix the OL

Yeah I’d like to get it over with. I’m fine using the first two picks on OL.

Yes, we need to play better as an Oline unit.

To be fair, though, we weren't bad before injuries started mounting.

I would also point out that there is no such thing as "fixing" it in a permanent sense. Players come and go, get injured, get old, etc. it is something that evolves year over year. That's why I tend to think a bit longer term, than just drafting an IOL for need if there are better players available.

Last edited:
If we stay at #21 I think that an O-lineman will be the pick. Most likely prospects being Graham Barton from Duke or Jackson Powers-Johnson the Oregon Center.

If we go o-line at 21, I hope it's with the expectation the guy will be a perennial all-pro and not just to check a box.

Back
Top Bottom